Ultimate Comfort, Pickup-Truck Drive: All-New Interior Features Advertisement

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These advertisers have no idea who they are dealing with.

If I see this ad again I'm sure to puke.

Regards,

Your puking doesn't keep the site running, ads like that one do. So till you reach in your wallet and pony up cash for server space and bandwidth and whatever else it takes to keep the lights on, **** and swallow your pride or bitchiness or whatever it is that drives you to whine about it. If it bugs you so much, don't click on the links, and go have a beer or another drink of your choice instead.

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
Many forums have a "Premium" member package for a fee that includes perks like no ads, extra storage, access to archive searches, etc. I don't know how difficult it would be to do something like that here. Could be some people would pony up $5 or $10. Until then, I can deal with a free-to-everyone website that has an occasional ad thread. Even if I had to pay a nominal fee to come here, I still would. Entertainment value aside, the information I get from Oilburners has probably saved me thousands of $$$$ and is totally worth it.

kc0stp

30 Hour Famine
Reaction score
Ya if you just click on the new posts button youll never see the ad threads...didn't even realize we had those here.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still see the friggen adds adblock does SFA, I leave 3 tabs open always marketplace lounge and 6.9/7.3 and refresh them. Those adds are always there no matter what!

I think I brought this up previously in two threads, inclusive was the idea of pay and not see adds...which I would do.

Those that say pony up $$ well I'm willing to pay a small premium to have added benefits. LIKE NO ADDS

Bottom line the adds suck cause I just dont want to see them and they are for people who spend like a kazillion dollars on fancyschmancy new trucks...I would much prefer to BUILD my truck!

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Riot, you know who the site owner is, he introduced himself when he took the helm. Instead of posting multiple threads on the same subject, how about getting in touch with the man upstairs and discussing it directly with him? Maybe if there are enough people asking for the same thing he will consider granting your wish in one form or another. But if it's just you and a few others, I don't see it happening any time soon - having paid memberships opens up a whole different can of worms, which the site owner simply may not be willing to deal with.

And I still fail to comprehend what the big deal is! All I see is a single thread at the top of each forum, and that's it - there are no annoying popups, no ad shown as a post at the bottom of every page of every thread, nothing of the sort. IMHO this advertising ya'll are complaining so much about is about as subtle as it can get, you just don't click on the thread title at that's all it takes to not see it. You wanna see bad, install the Ghostery browser add-on and go to a higher-traffic site - for instance on one of the most famous offroading boards my Ghostery comes up with 12 blockable trackers most of which are advertising, now that's some pretty heavy stuff right there. In comparison here we only get 2 blockable items which are the Facebook widget and the Google Analytics, both of which these days seem to be just about everywhere on the internets. So you see, we actually have it real good here, and it seems to me the site owner is allowing just the bare minimum to keep up with the bills to keep the site running.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Staff online