two questions, one thread. Rear Brakes and SPOUT Connector

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok i have two questions, one referring to why im getting a SPOUT error code and the other is why my rear brakes on my truck won't work.
I ran codes for the spout went and bought a new spout connector and im still getting codes for it. took it to Oreilly's and they said I needed a new ECM to fix that problem. im also getting INSUF. EGR flow. was getting a code for the TAB (thermactor Air bypass also known as a EGR solenoid) but that codes didnt show up when i ran it last. im also getting a few other codes but cant remember what they are for.

the other is why my rear brakes won't kick in even when its floored to the ground!!! all my stopping power is coming from the front pads, and i don't want to wear them out.. i tried doing what the instruction manual to my truck said and that was go in reverse and FIRMLY step on the brakes. that doesnt seem to do any adjustment like the manual said. the only thing I can think of is in need for new drum brakes, the drum actuator calipers are bad or the springs are worn out. ANY HELP would be appreciated.

its a 94 F150 with a 300 6

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
For the codes, reset the computer by disconnecting both battery cables for 15 minutes. Then drive it normal and see what codes reappear.

For the brakes, how far down does the parking brake pedal go? Sounds like the rear shoes need to be adjusted. Jack the truck up, remove the tires, remove the drums and inspect for worn/broken springs. Then remove the star adjusters and unscrew em, clean em and lube em up with a good white litium grease. Put em back in, put the drums back on and take out the rubber plug on the back. Get a brake spoon or large screw driver and tighten the star adjuster until u feel a slight drag while spinning the tire. After u get a slight drag put the tires back on for good, seruce the lugs and take it for a ride. If its no better adjust for a little more drag.

Ideally u want the parking brake pedal to go down about half way when applied, that will ensure the rear shoes are adjusted properly.

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my ebrake cable equalizer needs to be replaced ford wants 30$ for a piece of metal that just connects two pieces of wire. but when it did work it went down all the way....