Twin Turbo Powerstroke

Muddinkev44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw a video online with a powertroke with 2 stock turbos....I have a few questions.....

I have seen 2 types of turbo setup....one with a small turbo feeding the exhaust side of a larger one and one with both outlets going straight to the inlet to the engine....I would imagine the smaller feeding the larger is strictly for racing....right...?

Now putting 2 stock turbos on a truck will give you twice the air...but you will also have 2x the turbo lag... i know if you put 2x the amount of air into a space it will build pressure...it wont be exactly 2x the pressure but... wont that be a rediculous amount of boost...and make the head gasket go akboom!.....

Give me some input on this...take 2 stock turbos....one with a 1.0 housing on it and keep the other one stock....you will have awsome boost through out almost all RPM's....but....your boost pressures will be sky high....maybe throw a wastegate in there to regulate pressure or somethin....

Blk03PSD

Reaction score
I am not an expert on turbo charging, but I have this article on "compound turbo charging" from ATS. This is how the new PSD 6.4s are set up - a smaller turbo feeding a larger one. Here is also an article on multistage turbo charging which sounds like the best of both worlds.

Attachments

• Compound Turbo Charging.doc
    36.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Multistage Turbo.doc
    39.5 KB · Views: 10