twin turbo idi

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
130cc's is awesome. If this works out, do you forsee yourself getting into DB4's?

Total production run for Moose family Pumps in the last 6 years is about 100 pumps. How many 180CC pumps do you think I would sell? I've Moosified a couple of other types of pumps, for guys here. One has been sitting on my shelf since February, and he just finally paid for it. People here can't afford a 180cc pump. And for those that can, I'm content to let IDI Performance build them. Heck, I've still got gauges on my shelf guys here said they would buy. I'm afraid there is a lot more dreaming in these threads than living. It is nice to see guys like the OP who will occasionally try.

Kalashnikov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When is the Mass diesel show and where in Brockton? There's a mass diesel on the franklin/bellingham line, is it related?

94idift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do u have a facebook?
its on a group
theres only been one so far I think it might be at brockton fair grounds go to
northeastdiesels.com

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have your water/methanol on yet? Also when you dyno the truck be sure to get the dyno graph. I would be interested in seeing the power curves after you do it...

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We should def meet up sometime. I could bring my go pro and we could shoot some decent footage of this beast.

Unfortunately on the 9th ill be in Connecticut for Wicked Big Meet.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Total production run for Moose family Pumps in the last 6 years is about 100 pumps. How many 180CC pumps do you think I would sell? I've Moosified a couple of other types of pumps, for guys here. One has been sitting on my shelf since February, and he just finally paid for it. People here can't afford a 180cc pump. And for those that can, I'm content to let IDI Performance build them.

I wish more members here would realize that there is a market and that some people cater to one section whilst others another and with little to no cross over!

KUDOS to you Mel for this and really why not let Justin have it as I'm sure there is less headache involved in doing a great product like the MOOSE compared to a Ultry HI HP Beast like the DB4/2 hybrid which I'm sure is also a fantastic unit in it's own right for the guy whom needs that level of fuel.

Sounds to me like your comfortable sending Justin the very HI FLOW business, which lets face it I'm sure is few and far between.

As I've said there is room for several manufacturers and fabricators if they find the right Niche that suites their styles!

JM2CW

Al

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im curious what a set of t3 turbos from a thunderbird turbocoupe would do, or better yet, a set of TD05H turbos from first gen eclipses/talons would do. congrats for doing this project, glad to see it was finished to a degree to where it works.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just talking to my local turbo guy an he told me that the DSM guys are now using Holset turbos like hx35 due to there internals being alot stronger. I would not reccomend using one of those talon turbos as that was the example he used a showed me the carnage of what a not so good turbo has inside. Cheap turbos cost people engines.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stick with the brand names and your fine. It's the ebay chinese turbos that are destroying peoples engines for the most part, and when guys bring them in, it's hard to find parts for some of them.

HiHorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turbos designed for a gas engine should not be used on a diesel, or vise-versa. You will not get the drive pressure/boost ratio right.

94idift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no not yet i should have it soon i bought it just waiting for it to come. I should have the water **** and two smaller chargers on before the dyno.