twin turbo idi

94idift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have the fuel maxed out as well on that? Its cool that there is actually a high volume Db2 out now. As far as the turbos go, a .63AR sounds about perfect IMO. What size of compressor are you going to go with as well?

the turbos i have now are t3/t4 hybrids they have t3 mounts i want to find the same turbo with 60 ar comp and 63 ar turbine hopefully i can get wellover 20psi on water **** and break 300 for only makin 12 psi the truck is fast it would be real quick with 25psi +
i daily drive a 5 speed 215 pump 12v with p pump mods and 4ks and this is quicker than that. But well see once i'm finished i will be going to a couple test and tunes on a 1/4 mile strip.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the turbos i have now are t3/t4 hybrids they have t3 mounts i want to find the same turbo with 60 ar comp and 63 ar turbine hopefully i can get wellover 20psi on water **** and break 300 for only makin 12 psi the truck is fast it would be real quick with 25psi +
i daily drive a 5 speed 215 pump 12v with p pump mods and 4ks and this is quicker than that. But well see once i'm finished i will be going to a couple test and tunes on a 1/4 mile strip.

Oh we definitely need to see vids of that truck going down a 1/4 mile strip!

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have no doubt that you will hit over 25psi and 300+hp with that much fuel. That water/methanol will help too. Lol. Any idea when you are going to swap the turbos? Also is the truck intercooled?

Another cool video you could do when you have a chance would be a walk around of the truck while it is running and then you could have someone rev it while you are by the engine and also by the tailpipe. It would be cool to see that and would be an easy video to make. :D

94idift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i'll get a video like that and show how i ran the exhaust.
So yesterday i retarded the timing a little and maxxed out the torque screw and the truck hit 20psi i think it will climb higher but i dont have any were to bring it over 60 because being that theres not alot of wait on the rear end no matter how i launch or even roll into and punch it at like 15 the truck will spin till 35 40mph. I never mentioned that the left side turbo is just about blown up the wheel rubs on the housing so. With the setup i have now i think it will make over 25psi on water ****.
I'm not sure if im gonna keep the same turbos or go with smaller exhaust housing turbos because this runs real cool.

Goose_ss4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much do you got invested in your build? if you don't mind me asking?

94idift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im not positive but less than 3 grand
200 for the cam
800 for the pump
around 400 for the studs
and like 300 for the reseal kit
and 100 for other clamps hoses ect
and 400 for both turbos and line kits
so like 2200 but i'm not really finished I still need to get the w/m

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i'll get a video like that and show how i ran the exhaust.
So yesterday i retarded the timing a little and maxxed out the torque screw and the truck hit 20psi i think it will climb higher but i dont have any were to bring it over 60 because being that theres not alot of wait on the rear end no matter how i launch or even roll into and punch it at like 15 the truck will spin till 35 40mph. I never mentioned that the left side turbo is just about blown up the wheel rubs on the housing so. With the setup i have now i think it will make over 25psi on water ****.
I'm not sure if im gonna keep the same turbos or go with smaller exhaust housing turbos because this runs real cool.

That is decent boost with those turbos! Its surprising how much difference it made with boost pressure just by adjusting the torque screw and timing. What are you hitting for egts with those turbos? Also as far as keeping those turbos, why not? If you are happy with the powerband, there is no reason to swap them unless you want more boost. But you can get that just by swapping the turbine housing to something smaller and keeping the same compressors.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also I would get that turbo and maybe even both turbos rebuilt asap. You don't want the turbo compressor wheel blowing up and destroying your engine. That would be horrible after you put so much time and effort into it.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The ebay chinese turbos have bad compressor wheels, if you change them to good ones they will balance correctly and last a long time,if you look at the end of the wheel under the nut and see a lead ball, those are the bad wheels, they weight them to balance the " center of moment" which is simply put the end to end of the wheel, to keep them from wobbling, Ive seen them fracture under load, genuine garrett or turbonetics do not fail.

94idift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah one is brand new and the other is one that i had on as a single before. I found a garret turbine housing for 200 that takes the same wheel size and is a 63 ar housing.

Goose_ss4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah one is brand new and the other is one that i had on as a single before. I found a garret turbine housing for 200 that takes the same wheel size and is a 63 ar housing.

where did you find these turbos, or what did they come off of? i personaly like the t3/t4 hybrid idea with the vast aftermarket supply of parts, more tuning.

and i am sure everyone wants to know but how did you make or adapt your manifolds to run twins? look like stock manifolds reversed and up side down with an custom up pipe?

very respectfuly?

94idift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where did you find these turbos, or what did they come off of? i personaly like the t3/t4 hybrid idea with the vast aftermarket supply of parts, more tuning.

and i am sure everyone wants to know but how did you make or adapt your manifolds to run twins? look like stock manifolds reversed and up side down with an custom up pipe?

very respectfuly?

I bought them off ebay just search t70 turbo and they come up amost all of the t70 turbos on there are hybrids with 4in inlet ,2.5 outlet.

As far as the manifolds there stock reversed upside down like u said ported a little with custom up pipes. i installed the motor with them on mounted the turbos and all i had to do to them was heat and bend the right side because the turbos exhaust housing was to close to the master cylinder.

Goose_ss4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought them off ebay just search t70 turbo and they come up amost all of the t70 turbos on there are hybrids with 4in inlet ,2.5 outlet.

As far as the manifolds there stock reversed upside down like u said ported a little with custom up pipes. i installed the motor with them on mounted the turbos and all i had to do to them was heat and bend the right side because the turbos exhaust housing was to close to the master cylinder.

i thought so, it is a very efficent and cheap method. apparently they cleared everything like you said. did you have to anything else to like the accessories or serpentine belt?

seems like there is just alot t/3t/4 options out there. exspecially used ones or junkyard which you can rebuild or repair with upgrades. seet ride

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online