turning off day time running lights?

rthomas

Reaction score
is there a switch somewhere for this? this truck spent some time in BC and im sure that why there on, as far as i know in '97 DTRL wernt standard.

lwillson

Reaction score
there is no switch for it, you have to remove the daytime running light module and splice some wires together if you want it to act normally.Or, if you go to an autowrecker, and find a wrecked F150-350, that does not have the daytime running light module, you can get the plug that would go in the place of the daytime running light module, and it will perform normally.

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
I bet someone here or at superdutydiesel would trade you the bypass plug for the module.

7.3IDIDSL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to get rid of my DRL so all i did was unplug the module on the drivers side of the core support. Didnt have to splice any wires together or anything. My truck is a 1993 though but i didnt think there was any difference.

rthomas

Reaction score
thanks guys- where is it located? i looked around the core support and i dont think its there.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks guys- where is it located? i looked around the core support and i dont think its there.
betcha it's on the frontside of the core support on the driver's side.
I've seen the harness with a cap at the end for years and have always wondered what it's for.

rthomas

Reaction score
got it! all i had to do was unplug it- lights work normal now:D now i need to do the same thing to my tahoe

lwillson

Reaction score
If you only unplug it , your hi beam indicator on the dash will not light, nor will the emergency brake light indicator. Both of those circuits run through the module and the plug shorts out the wires to make them work normally.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I had to put a switch in to bypass the drl's when I have my snowplow lights on....DRL's are law in Canada since like 88 or 90 I think....

7.3IDIDSL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you only unplug it , your hi beam indicator on the dash will not light, nor will the emergency brake light indicator. Both of those circuits run through the module and the plug shorts out the wires to make them work normally.

I only unplugged it on my truck and i know for a fact that my hi beam indicator still works. Im not sure about the emergency brake light though because it has never worked ever since ive had the truck. I think the switch on the pedal is messed up but ive never looked into the problem.