Turned Up My Fuel Some

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
don't worry Mel, i won't be needed a pump anytime soon.

I think I read where someone said you can lightly bottom it out then back it up a little. Who knows where the fuel screw was set before you started on it, so maybe you still have some room to play.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
I think I read where someone said you can lightly bottom it out then back it up a little. Who knows where the fuel screw was set before you started on it, so maybe you still have some room to play.

i am gonna "guess" based on my egt's that the pump is not turned up very much right now. even before the exhaust and turbo rebuild i would never see 1,000 egt.

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have mine turned all the way in then just backed off a hair.
Works perfect.
Or you could be like me and not have enough fuel pressure to feed the ip itself( figuredthat out the other day when my e pump cut out and there was zero difference inthe truck even at wot )

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
I have mine turned all the way in then just backed off a hair.
Works perfect.
Or you could be like me and not have enough fuel pressure to feed the ip itself( figuredthat out the other day when my e pump cut out and there was zero difference inthe truck even at wot )

don't tempt me into buying another gauge.LOL

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
LOL gauges are your friend never a waste just grab another for the collection when you can LOL:rotflmao

already have 6 guages. i am also running out of room to mount them cleanly. i don't mine the look of the dash mount right above the radio but that requires drilling holes in the dash which i REFUSE to do. this poor truck has so many friggin holes in it already.

now don't get me wrong. i do like having gauges.:D

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
already have 6 guages. i am also running out of room to mount them cleanly. i don't mine the look of the dash mount right above the radio but that requires drilling holes in the dash which i REFUSE to do. this poor truck has so many friggin holes in it already.

now don't get me wrong. i do like having gauges.:D
Could do the overhead pod above the mirror ;Poke LOL

Black dawg

Reaction score
my pump has been bottomed out for years, ZERO issues- just saying

Yep, I always bottom them out too. There was one time though that I guess I got it tighter than I usually do, and the truck would not run. There was zero fuel delivery to the injectors, so I pulled the pump apart to see what happens when you overtighten a fuel screw. What I found was that bottoming out that screw and then giving it a little more (as I have done many many times) distorted the rotor enough that the plungers couldnt retract and let fuel in. I just barely loosened the screw, and the plungers came free. Put it back together, and all has been well for several years now.