Turbo Oil Feed Line Leaking, I Need a Fix

Grass Hauler

Reaction score
Found this on google, sorry for the confusion on my end. The oil line is in a hard dark spot near the firewall to work, and I didnt know about these types of fittings untill now, but thats why we are here is to learn, So thanks and hope that when I get back to the shop and try again that I have better luck knowing this. Going to see it the larger olive I have will slip over the flare and onto the line. Before I had it in front of the flared end.
You must be registered for see images attach

mobilemech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found this on google, sorry for the confusion on my end. The oil line is in a hard dark spot near the firewall to work, and I didnt know about these types of fittings untill now, but thats why we are here is to learn, So thanks and hope that when I get back to the shop and try again that I have better luck knowing this. Going to see it the larger olive I have will slip over the flare and onto the line. Before I had it in front of the flared end.
You must be registered for see images attach

with the olive in front of the flare, that would cause the no oil presure condition. hopefully you didn't run it long because your turbo was not getting oiled.

Grass Hauler

Reaction score
Should be ok, it did run for 10min but there was oil coming through the line. I took it apart while it was running to check. There just wasn't enough to trip the switch. Will report back when its fixed correctly.

cowman79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was actually able to buy a whole new line with the flare nuts and olives from ford for around $12 last spring. I was suprised at how cheap the line was.

Grass Hauler

Reaction score
Thats a surprising price from Ford I would have thought 100$ if you could even get it.

I did finally fix it yesterday, found the crusty old olives and replaced with new large olives that I had gotten, so far so good. So glad its not puking oil all over my engine and floor anymore just wish there was an easy way to clean such a mess. Thanks for everyones help.

mobilemech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats a surprising price from Ford I would have thought 100$ if you could even get it.

I did finally fix it yesterday, found the crusty old olives and replaced with new large olives that I had gotten, so far so good. So glad its not puking oil all over my engine and floor anymore just wish there was an easy way to clean such a mess. Thanks for everyones help.

get some Castrol Super Clean, spray down the Eng. when cold, let sit about 5 to 10 min, hose off, repeat as needed to get clean. works for the floor also.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
any parker store will know what your talking about.[/QUOTE said:
I wouldnt bet on that. I got the " A what" with the corresponding dumb look.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
This sure is great information on this oil feed line to the turbos. Glad members came thru with it too.:thumbsup: