Turbo oil feed fitting

vandy7.3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok all in the midst of installing a factory ford turbo setup on my 91 f250. The problem I'm having is the adapter at the rear of the engine up top where the factory sending unit was on the n/a engine is different than the one on the turbo engine.
You must be registered for see images

Turbo fitting in the right n/a on the left.
Obviously the turbo fitting won't thread into the block but, will the n/a fitting be able to supply sufficient oil for the turbo with that small of a whole?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe if you look at the block that bolts to the top of the turbo where the oil line connects they orificed the oil flow into the turbo about the same as the n/a fitting.

In my 93 factory turbo I put a 91 n/a motor and run the n/a fitting. No issues. Now I've only run it a few thousand miles.

vandy7.3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kind of thought maybe I was over thinking the situation, but I still had to ask.
Smaller hole would mean better pressure but less volume. But I'm guessing it will be sufficient.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thats the normal differance from the na blocks and the turbo blocks. All the oil ports on all na blocks will be 1/8 inch pipe threads. the turbo blocks will have have 1/4 inch oil ports. Now a person with the skills can drill out the ports on the na blocks to 1/4 inch pipe threads too but most will not try that. If I were to do this I would apply air pressure to a lower port and make sure the air blows out the drill chips. It would be dangerous but it can be done. Reallly the safe way is with the engine out of the truck like it was in a machine chop setting.

vandy7.3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya this guy isn't drilling into the block haha. I just went ahead and and put it in there and got my oil line hooked up. Got the up pipe and crossover pipe tight. Banks dp is on it, all I gotta do is build an intake and install gauges. Then when my injectors get here Henry will be on the road again.
Thanks for the input, I just needed a little reassuring...

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
For me its always sad to have a member come here asking questions about what they did wrong that screwed up the truck or engine. Had they just asked befor wrenching so much harm could have been avoided.

vandy7.3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I've said it before, but im a measure twice and cut once type of person

93blklightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep us updated on how this works for ya. I'm still planning mine and gathering parts , if I ever get time to put it all together

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

vandy7.3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trust me once I get everything together how I want it and the truck running you all will be the first to know what I think haha.
Fingers crossed it all goes how I hope

93blklightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you try a piece of brake line instead of braided line ? It should give you more volume, not as pretty but a larger id tube

vandy7.3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not using braided line for the oil feed, im using the factory hard line

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On my banks turbo, the oil supply fitting is orifices down that small. I know it's not the factory turbo, but I would bet oil under pressure moves about the same between the two turbos. You can dump a lot of oil through a hole that small...don't ask me how I know.;Really

93blklightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am planning on using brake line for my oil feed line. the reason I suggested , seems like it would be cheaper, provide, plenty of volume , just have to watch routing , don't get kink it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Staff online