Turbo is on...now CARNAGE

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
Got the front cab bolts off, now gotta try to get the rear. What else needs to be done to lift the cab about 2"? Towcat said something about pulling the master cylinder & steering shaft out. Rather not do any more then I have to but I want to get this done today.

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
UPDATE.....

Well it's running. :D
Spent most of the day lifting the cab about 2" to get more clearence & now not sure if it helped at all. Had to wait till my Ma got home from work & have her give me a hand with it. Finally got the turbo & pedistal off about the same time the neighbor showed up. I had to take a dremel to the manifold up pipe bolts so I could get clearence or I'd still be fighting it. He stood around & chatted while I cleaned it up & fit the new grommet. Helped us hook the turbo & up pipe back up. He took off & I got to putting everything back together. Ate dinner & finished it up. Just after midnight got it all ready & started it. Look under the hood & the glow plug valley is filling up with green stuff. I about **** myself thinking the head gasket blew somehow or just my luck. Shut it off & discover it's the fuel return line got bumped off by the intake & pissed out a bunch of fuel. Got it cleaned up & noticed no oil or coolent leaks so went for a drive. Checked it everytime we came up to a stop sign & no oil leaks just fuel still dripping. Got on the brakes & got the tires to break free & even got it to slide around an intersection alittle!
Got on the throttle from a stop & it throws you back in the seat. HUGE diffrence from N/A which would just rev up & not do anything much. The whistle is insane, sounds like you have a high $ turbo in it. Normal temps are 600* & up to 800* preturbo when you are ******* it. Boost is around 5lbs & spike up to 7lbs but that's normal with 4.10 gears & 31s with no load. Got it up to 85mph tonight & it was running good. Out to track for any new leaks tomorrow. Oh yeah & the coolent seems to have settled down because temps are good there too.
Over all I'm happy with the results thus far. Still has bugs to be works out but they all do right?

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5-7 psi is typical of what that turbo wants to put out, so you have a good working setup there.;Sweet. It can push more boost, but 5 psi is about the limit before you really have to dump more fuel in and you need higher RPM as well. Mine tops out at about 10 PSI right now (guessing close to 3000 RPM).

If you think its easy to kick the tires loose now, just wait until it rains. I've got a posi 3.08 rear end and I have to be careful on wet pavement because both tires kick loose even in a strait line. I can't wait till it snows....

Great feeling the first time you get it working. Best thing since sliced bread:rotflmao

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
LOL I still have to finish a few little things here & there but it's running for the most part. I know bottom end really improved. Have to see how it does off pavement sometime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle