Turbo is on...now CARNAGE

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Do you have the 088 kit, or the 093 kit. I thought you said you had the 088 non gated kit, correct?
If thats the case then like I said and of the standard CDR grommets work for that system.
Its when you get to the 093 (factory) kits that it becomes difficult to find the parts. Do a search on it if you have the 093 kit, I have a phone number to the company that deals in all the ATS turbo stuff listed in a couple posts.

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
I have an ATS 088 kit, my stock grommet won't work. Where do I find one without emailing some guy & waiting 2 weeks?

Don't mean to sound rude but there has to be some place to get em from or just order a stock one from the Ford Dealer?

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
The 088 Kit is a retrofit kit designed to be as much of a "plug and play" thing as it could possibly be. That being said it uses the stock CDR valley pan grommet. Why in the hell they changed it for the 093 kit is beyond my understanding, I guess retaining the use of the stock CDR grommet must have just worked too well so they had to throw a wrench into the scheme of things. If you have an IH dealer in your town you should be able to pick one up there. Ford doesnt have time to deal with these trucks anymore, they have to many powercrappers breaking down to worry about our old things.

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
Here ya go....

You must be registered for see images attach

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you'll need to trim down the neck on the grommet, the later style is a one piece like what you're holding onto. Do test fit the turbo drain into the rubber befor putting it in. I clean the heck out of mime and the valleypan hole and RTV the rubber so I can make a futile attempt at keeping water out of the crankcase. I've been known to have taken my truck swiming before. Towtrucks don't make money sitting on dry land when cars are in the drinkcookoocookoocookoo

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
So you cut the tube off of yours & got it to fit in there? I'm going to Call International & see if they have one laying around. The way this project has gone I might need about 3 for back up to be on the safe side....
LOL

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Holy crap man! I have NEVER seen a CDR grommet like that. No wonder I was assuming you knew what was going on, and you said no way. lol

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you go back in the thread and look at the pictures that were linked in the other post, you will see the baffle on the back side of the valley pan. That is the item that needs perferated - through the CDR hole, just in case there was any clarification needed.

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
Holy crap man! I have NEVER seen a CDR grommet like that. No wonder I was assuming you knew what was going on, and you said no way. lol

Yeah it's just alittle diffrent...LOL

If you go back in the thread and look at the pictures that were linked in the other post, you will see the baffle on the back side of the valley pan. That is the item that needs perferated - through the CDR hole, just in case there was any clarification needed.

Thanks for double checking Mel, I know what has to be done now. ;Sweet
Easier said then done for me though....-Down

Well called International this morning & they said that I would have to order a pack of 12 of em for $3-$4 a piece. Called Ford dealer & it's no longer in da book. Also called NAPA & nothing there either. So I'm off to see a friend of mine & see what he says. I might just carefully trim it & RTV it like Towcat did. We shall see how it goes.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well called International this morning & they said that I would have to order a pack of 12 of em for $3-$4 a piece. Called Ford dealer & it's no longer in da book. Also called NAPA & nothing there either. So I'm off to see a friend of mine & see what he says. I might just carefully trim it & RTV it like Towcat did. We shall see how it goes.
go check for the part num in the "parts bin" over at the tech articles.
the parts counter guys at ford are generally clueless. If that part number is trully obsolete, we are in deep **** and will be in need of Sean's seal and grommet making skills.

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
Looked there & saw a CDR adapter thing but not a CDR Grommet.

Looks like I'm going to lift the cab 2" like you said. Any procedure for pulling the steering shaft & master cyl & cab bolts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GaryB

Members online