Trying to identify turbo

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
I need to buy a compressor wheel for this turbo and can't figure out what it is. I believe it's some sort of industrial turbo, it's a Garrett and was sold by AlliedSignal (a company that no longer exists). It has a 4" inlet and 4" outlet. I used a mic and the compressor wheel inducer is 60mm

Here is the info I have and some pics. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Information on compressor housing:
Garrett
AR.56
M43
AlliedSignal
P/N 1825457C91
S/N BDL30502

Center:
448315-1

Turbine housing:
M3
G3
A/R 1.11

The compressor wheel has a part number, 8856-9. I couldn't find it on any turbocharger part websites.

You must be registered for see images attach

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that blue paint is the tip-off that that cute little monster of yours is robbed from a DT466E or a T444E Navistar product.

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
yeah, the compressor housing was blue as well, I did a little sandblasting on it. The previous owner said it has a 14cm exhaust housing, which should work for the application I'm using it for, but I can't figure out how to verify that. And the 1.11 turbine housing A/R makes me a little nervous, that's pretty big. Afraid I'm gonna end up with a laggy turbo.

nice avatar btw

G. Mann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Allied Signal merged with and were bought out by Honeywell. Product support at Honeywell should still have parts and support for that unit. The Allied Signal name changed, products remained the same [for the most part].

Cliff Garrett started Air Research way back... that name remained in use.
Garrett name was used... that name remained in use.
Allied Signal name used ... that name remained in use [umbrella for the previous two product lines and some new ones]
Honeywell bought up Allied Signal and the previous name brands above in a corporate name change / cancel product liability / illegal employee firing practices suit / etc etc.. clean up.

New Honeywell Aviation Company and ground support company by magic, lawyers, and stock money infusion made all the previous sins go away. Ain't life grand?

Dig a little, there is a parts bin somewhere with some new wheels setting.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice info, not many people know that food chain. They screwed a LOT of employees and vendors/dealers.

And it threads onlike a early Powerstroke wheel.

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
Thanks for the info man. I'm just having a hard time finding parts for this thing. Through garrett's website I found a turbo that seemed identical (gt3782) but it had a t3 exhaust flange, not a t4. I guess I'll give Honeywell a call tomorrow. I found one company in canada with 2 turbos with the same p/n in stock, I'll give them a call too, though I'm sure they dont have spare wheels and aren't gonna take a wheel off a complete turbo.

George D.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats off a early to mid 90s dt466e the exhaust housings on T44Es are a puls setup like a hypermax and as a side note hypermax developed the turbo setup on the early T444Es.

I think that's the same wheel as the early strokes but could be way off.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
want me to check with my supplier on a wheel?

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
I called the company with the turbos with the same part number, it is a gt3782. I should be able to find the wheel now, it's a somewhat common turbo. Thanks for all the help guys, I appreciate it.

And Russ, if you can do a price check for me I'd appreciate it. I'm hesitant with these internet companies, I dont want something made in china.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online