Truck Tool boxes

jrisingmoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's time to get a tool box for my truck but I'm not sure where to spend my money and I also don't know what to look for. Metal is a must but between steel or aluminum I'm not sure which to choose. Boxes will be carrying power saws and other tools so watrer and weather protection is critical. Can be 70" long at the widest.

What experience has anyone had with boxes?

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
I have an aluminum Delta. It hinges at the front of the bed. While the aluminum is nice and shinny, it will leave black streaks down the side of the my truck, its white and it only take a few days for the black streaks to show up. If I were to buy another one, i would opt of a center hinge arrangement to make it easier to get to the tools from the side. I find myself climbing into the bed of the truck more often to get stuff at the center of the box. I would go with a painted steel next time. Russ

tractorman86

Reaction score
check out Trucktrunks my oldman has one in his superduty and it is tough as nails and seals out the weather pretty well! a little expensive but well worth it in my oppinion!

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Robert, that's cool, where did you get it, MFG, Price, come on now don't hold back.

rubberfish

Reaction score
That rear one is kind of a cool idea. :)
Someone was using their noodle when they thought
up that shape and style. Works with a fifth wheel too. ;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online