truck story.. should i buy it back

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys, the opportunity to buy my first truck back has come around. ok first things first, bought this 99 cummins with 234k on the clock when i was 15 years old with my money, dad paid the tax and reg. for me. for the tune of 6200$ i was driving my first diesel home. it had a bad oil leak, which i fixed, did the radiator, hoses, coolant and t-stat on her. she needed shocks i blew all 4 hauling logs and pulling stumps. i loved this truck. it was a rusty pos though, like all 2nd gen dodges. i sold it 6 moths later for 4500, it was time to cut my losses. its on CL today for 2800, the motor is out, new head on it, kid blew the HG, POR 15'd the frame, 4 tires, and a whole mess of other things. now, cyl 6 was knocking, pulled the new head off, and cyl 6 piston, rod, wrist pin and rings all need to get changed. i want the truck as a project for myself. but my parents say no, its a rusty POS and its time to cut my losses entirely, that its a waste of money. since then ive bought myself a duramax, lifted it and love it, its a great truck. i want my first car back, and for 2000 < i know i can get it for 2,000. would you guys go for it? btw. everything i sell, thats perfectly fine for me always ends up blowing up. i bought a wrangler for a grand with 83k from my dads buddy, sold it the next day and it blew, my quad, which i babied, sold it, blew. now this truck, which i tool pride in owning, and maintained it meticulously, it blew. now i can buy her back. should i do it?

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the rig has sentimental value to you? I say if you have the money/time buy her back restore her and one day pass it on to your kid(s)

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
went to look at it today. what a fu**ing shame. the truck is smashed, rotted to **** the engine is no longer in the shop with the new head its in the bed with a tarp over it! it looks like a truck thats been to the scrap yard. i apologize for the engine being bad, he blew the HG and it had a rod knock 2,000 miles into him buyin it from me. i apologized because im not a scummy guy who sells bad sh*t. he then told me he sled pulled with it, it disgusted me more than the truck, i hopped in my truck with my buddy and left. it saddened me to see my pride and joy in a sorry scrapped state. and to be abused by a *******. what suprised me is that the 47re held up pulling. with 240k!

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
yep sometimes the next owner doesn't treat the equipment with the same loving care. You did the right thing by moving on. You can find another one just like it in much better shape if you want to regain the look of that style of truck in better shape and then restore it. No it's not the same vehicle but you can make it look just like it.

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its not the same as rollin down the street. my ex girlfriend dubbed it the green monster. i loved that truck when i had it. id be 10x more inclined to buy it for less money and if the motor was at least in the truck. btw, are do these 6bt's have cylinder liners?

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats what i thought. i knew id have to get the block decked and honed too. and after i looked at it i took a ride across town and rolled past my ex's house and remembered all the nights it was in the driveway. made me sad lol maybe one day ill get her back.. for now.. on to the next one!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance