Truck needs oil?

mainiac

Reaction score
I was at napa today getting parts for my other truck when this guy comes in and says to the whole store that the silver ford in the parking lot is rapping and probably needs oil.
The counter guy, who I know very well, giggles cause he knows its my truck idled up out there.
Neither of us said anything, I didn't have the heart to tell him it was a diesel.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
hee hee hee,i would have bought a gallon of the house brand 10-30 and walked right out in front of the guy and dumped it in my fuel tank.Told him thanks,The injectors did need some lube.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
hee hee hee,i would have bought a gallon of the house brand 10-30 and walked right out in front of the guy and dumped it in my fuel tank.Told him thanks,The injectors did need some lube.
:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao
I love it! I'll have to remember that one. I had a lady ask me to roll down my window at a light one time so she could tell me that one of my diesel cars sounded like it needed oil :rotflmao :rotflmao

----------Robert

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
It amazes me at what type of idiots you find at a Auto parts store.I have been known to just hang out at Advance Auto Parts here for an hour or two(Helps I know someone that works there.I pretty much hang out and shoot the spit with him).It is hard NOT to fall to the floor laughing at some people.Even harder not to walk over with a tack hammer and knockem in the head.The Best are the Ricer boys.Especially when they ask for parts and when asked what engine thier honda has they just say 4 Cylinder.....Ummmm,Duhh,Which one numb nuts!

mainiac

Reaction score

I'll have to remember that one!

smokin_stroker00

Reaction score
It amazes me at what type of idiots you find at a Auto parts store.I have been known to just hang out at Advance Auto Parts here for an hour or two(Helps I know someone that works there.I pretty much hang out and shoot the spit with him).It is hard NOT to fall to the floor laughing at some people.Even harder not to walk over with a tack hammer and knockem in the head.The Best are the Ricer boys.Especially when they ask for parts and when asked what engine thier honda has they just say 4 Cylinder.....Ummmm,Duhh,Which one numb nuts!

tell me about it I watched a kid working at Autozone look for a brake caliber for a car for about 20 minutes look one up bring it out compare return it to the shelf repeat,finally he told the little group of mexicans gathered around the counter that he needed to know what kinda car it was going on, cookoo cookoo cookoo they had no clue what kinda car ir was they just took the calber off and told him they needed one of these:rotflmao

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My favorite one is the know-it-all wet behind the ears button pushers that call themselves countermen these days. Call the store up and ask to see if they have in stock or can order a valve cover gasket for a 1975 Mazda RX-3 wagon:D I had a button pusher running around in circles for 20 minutes;Sweet

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
coule be like our newest people at the store, "I dont know anything about cars, I just work here"
no wonder everyone asks me.

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My favorite one is the know-it-all wet behind the ears button pushers that call themselves countermen these days. Call the store up and ask to see if they have in stock or can order a valve cover gasket for a 1975 Mazda RX-3 wagon:D I had a button pusher running around in circles for 20 minutes;Sweet

Oh, that is hilarious. Problem with major chain stores is that the people behind the counters for the most part don't know how to turn the wrenches that they sell.cookoo

mainiac

Reaction score
Everyone has heard of the muffler bearing trick, but I did stump a kid with the radiator leveling kit.

I was in the same store last night looking for a new gear position sensor for wifey's Z71 (I killed the 4l60e Sunday morning and picked up a used one Monday), the kid at the counter had no clue what it was, which is understandable. But he didn't put any time into it, just tried to cross the Lucas part # and said dealership item.
I'll go back this mornng, the daytime help have a clue.

norve8c9

Payton
Reaction score
i was in talking to my friend who works at the parts store one day and a guy came in asking for 710 fluid. We couldnt figure out what he was talking about so we followed him outside so he could show us. He was looking at the oil cap on his car upside down. 710 - OIL