Truck makeover. What do you think?

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
Looks good. Those corner marker bulbs are a pain to change. I put LEDs in the bottom corners, need to get some more for the big markers.

janos1

That's gonna hurt
Reaction score
If your saying you did the complete swap in 1.5 hours, outside, in the snow, I'm thinking your Santa Claus, or at least you have access to his time compression technology. :rolleyes:

:rotflmaoLOL:rotflmao I was thinking that was a bit fast too but I have slow wrenches anyhow.

jtate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good. Those corner marker bulbs are a pain to change. I put LEDs in the bottom corners, need to get some more for the big markers.
not trying to steal this thread, but sycostang have you ever used the leds for the reverse lights and if so how did they work?

cornfed

Reaction score
how do the bezzels come out I have the chrome ones for mine just cant figure out how to swap them out.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
not trying to steal this thread, but sycostang have you ever used the leds for the reverse lights and if so how did they work?

Cant say that I have, I just hung some 55 watt driving lights under my bumper and wired them to the reverse lights.

how do the bezzels come out I have the chrome ones for mine just cant figure out how to swap them out.

They are retained by 2 nuts that are reached inside the engine compartment, 8 or 10mm nuts I believe. They are tough to reach with the batteries in the truck. The turn signal and corner marker are attached to the bezel and will have to be transferred.

sootman73

Reaction score

i have the leds in the tail lights. they aren't much brighter but they look really cool. i'll post a link to the website but i dont have time to find the website right now.

dont forget the two little phillips screws at the top of the bezels. they werent too hard to do with the batteries in place. but if you have big hands then you probably wont be able to without removing the batteries.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online