truck down need help

truckermark

her names birtha
Reaction score
so i have just installec my new moose pump and i am loving it. however after i finay get it started i notice 2 things.
7.3l idi N/A e40d trany
1. my tranny is in limp mode aand od light is blinking
2. at high rpm or under load( pusshing pedel to move) there is a lound tapping sound. doesnt sound or feel like a miss

So could the tapping be that it is out of time.
and for the tranny do any of the conectors on the pump relay to it or is it just a coicadence.
thanks Mark

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
You need to set the voltage on the tps switch thats located on the drivers side of the injection pump. It has 3 wires to the switch. At idle with key on but engine off the center green wire must show .96 to 1.2 volts at idle. Adjust it till you find this setting. At .96 volts the shifting will be soft and late. At 1.2 it will be quicker and firmer. Be careful that the switch is on the drive tab correctly. It can fit 2 different ways but the dirt or rust will tell you how it fits the tab. Timing the pump is a must. I think there are some members in Mich that can time it for you too.

truckermark

her names birtha
Reaction score
thanks so you adjust it by losening the two screws and rotating the sowhole connector? Or but adjustsing the idle screw?

gandalf

Reaction score
You adjust the TPS by rotating the entire unit. As said, you do this with the ignition key on, but the engine off. Watch your multimeter as you rotate the TPS. When you hit the desired voltage hold the unit as you tighten it down. Any movement will change the voltage. Once you have it tightened down test it again to be sure it didn't move.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
One loosen the screws or bolts that holds the switch to the injection pump. Now before you do this did you transfer over from the old pump to the new pump the throttle drive tab. If you did not then the tps will not function. Also that drive tab must be installed on the throttle shaft correctly or the tps will not work or break when you ask for full throttle. If you search this forum there are pictures of how the drive tab connects to the throttle shaft.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online