TRANSFER Case Linkage?

justinray

Contributor
Reaction score
Collecting parts for a T19/Ranger swap, originally had a 1345 mounted, I'm going to put my 1356 on it, what problems will there be with the 4X4 linkage?

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure in your case because of the ranger spacing the tranny back but, when I swapped in the ZF5 using the linkage from the BW1356 going to the existing BW1345, I had to make a shorter link between the two. Just used a piece of 1/8" x 1" steel flat bar, cut 2 holes inn the ends, and transferred the plastic bushings to the new link. So in the case that you need a longer one, they are easily made.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When the US Gear underdrive was added to the crew cab......... the T-case linkage had to be modified. I bought the truck this way, but, whoever did the mod did a great job.

They took a large piece of all thread (1/2 inch IIRC) with turn buckles on each end. A piece of flatbar was welded to the turn buckle nuts. They drilled the ends of the flat bar and installed the rubber gromets for the tangs on the T-case shifter and the shift lever. It works great! And, it can be adjusted very easily by turning the turn buckle nuts on the either end.

That came in handy when swapping in the ZF5. No need to remake the linkage.......... just adjust and reinstall.

Heath