Tranny ?

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
From what i have read on this forum the E4OD's are really finicky about getting electrical signals from all of the sensors. I have had my batteries tested and they are both good. the PO didn't clean the battery cables and let the corrosion build up. If the insides of the cables are corroded could that cause the tranny to act funny because it is not getting enough juice from the batteries?

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
yesterday when my dad and i were working on the brakes on my truck he had noticed that the positive cable coming off of the pass. side battery was kind of swollen and you could feel that it was lumpy inside of the casing. Is that corrosion & would that warrent new battery cables?

I cleaned the battery posts and connections along with the grounds on the engine. i then put a light coating of white lithium grease on them and they are nice and clean.

I had read on another forum were a guy was having tranny problems and he replaced his batteries and cables and the tranny shifted really good and quite acting up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle