trade idi for psd??

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
got a call this morning my cousin wants to trade my old 96 psd i used to have for my 93 idi. its a reg cab 2wd auto 282k miles. trannys been gone through and rebuilt. 6 new tires. just wanted some opinions on the trade. heres a pic
You must be registered for see images
[/IMG] THANKS!!

nicknd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got a call this morning my cousin wants to trade my old 96 psd i used to have for my 93 idi. its a reg cab 2wd auto 282k miles. trannys been gone through and rebuilt. 6 new tires. just wanted some opinions on the trade. heres a pic
You must be registered for see images
[/IMG] THANKS!!

No. It is nice to have the extra power from a PSD, but parts are so much more expensive and there's a lot more that can go wrong...unless you don't care about that, then definitely get it.

12vctd

Reaction score
well you know the truck and know its history, psd are more expensive to maintain, but thats pretty much up to you. see your truck is a extended cab so you would be giving up space. Motor on the PSD shouldnt be hurt unless not taken care of but injectors are pretty costly. But again seems like thats your personal choice

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd say no based on the fact the '96 is an automatic and your '93 is a stick.

Dave7.3

Diesel ******
Reaction score
Agreed with Brandon. If its a diesel, it deserves a manual behind it in my opinion. Unless you like doing swaps. ;Sweet

Otherwise: Power and aftermarket support, its the PSD hands down. Repair costs perspective, go with the IDI.

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
Well idk his truck is alot better shape. It's never had a chip, maintenance has been kept up. I love the 5 speed but I know the auto tranny was replaced right before I bought it the first time. Has no blow by. Only thing performance wise that's done is a cold air intake. On my truck pump it has newer motor, newer ip, new clutch. My truck has a little rust and paint is chipped all around. Pulled 6660 lbs with my truck today and it done great just ALOT of black smoke which I love haha. I'm thinking of getting the psd for fuel milage. His gets 18-20 and mine gets 15-17. I think I may trade just because resell value of a psd is higher than an idi. I got some thinking to do on it but I'll keep y'all updated what happens. THANKS FOR THE OPINIONS SO FAR!!!!

George D.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has the powerstroke had all * injectors replaced recently if not then dont do it it will need at least an injector or two soon at that millage.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Haha I know! I trade all the time! I've had 29 cars so far and I'm 16 :D

I have 2 trucks of my own, only had 3 in my lifecookoo besides parts trucks i dont count them cause they dont run, i got lots of parts junkers,

But 29 cars and your only 16!!!!!!!!!1 holy cow thats crazycookoo

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
I have 2 trucks of my own, only had 3 in my lifecookoo besides parts trucks i dont count them cause they dont run, i got lots of parts junkers,

But 29 cars and your only 16!!!!!!!!!1 holy cow thats crazycookoo

I've had a couple that didn't run and a few without titles. I've scrapped a few of them and sold the rest. I try to keep at least 1 different one each month lol but craigslist has been DEAD lol