trade idi for psd??

George D.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have done nothing other than change oil and filters on my powerstrokes. One or two cam position sensors but they were a paid for recall

My idi i have done injectors, pump, return lines and cups twice, fuel pump, fuel lines, vacume pump(not really engine fault) complete GP system swithched to 7.3 system , various oil leaks and i am sure there is more things i cant think of.

That is why i am putting a powerstroke in my 86 on top of the complete lack of power.But like i said, every truck is different

Just guessing but from the 500,000 between all trucks that the PSDs don't have much over 100,000 or the IDI for that matter?

George D.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone link me these cheap psd injectors, are they a complete injector or just tip's. I do alot of work on the PSD for people and always like to find better deals for my customers. I am sorry that people want to gripe since I belive I was the first int he thread to state the higher cost of the injectors. I like a PSD I liek the idi they are two totally diff animals. People should drive what they want and enjoy, if someone has owned 5 psd and they are the best thing then sliced bread I ask why buy a idi and dump so much money into it? The only thing I recomend to any PSD owner is to upgrade the fueling system so your not using a dead head system, makes your injectors so happy and truck starts and runs alot better. Again great thing is you can always buy what you want and be happy

I just googled 7.3 powerstrock injectors The cheapest I found were 148 a peice and you had to send them yours wait for them to rebuild them and for them to send them back and from what I read it cost more if the nozles are worn or the plungers so it was basically alot more than 148 in a lot of cases.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Just guessing but from the 500,000 between all trucks that the PSDs don't have much over 100,000 or the IDI for that matter?

My 97 f350 had 100k and almost 200k when sold
my 2000 F350 has 130k when bought and 210k when sold
my 94 f250 had 210k when bought and 350k when sold
my 95 F350 had 120k when bought and has over 250 when sold
my 95 F350 has 125k when bought and 200+ when sold
Mostly highway miles but some towing
O and all sticks so no trans failures

So its not like they were new trucks

And my 86 has 150k on it now

JesterPgh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone link me these cheap psd injectors, are they a complete injector or just tip's. I do alot of work on the PSD for people and always like to find better deals for my customers. I am sorry that people want to gripe since I belive I was the first int he thread to state the higher cost of the injectors. I like a PSD I liek the idi they are two totally diff animals. People should drive what they want and enjoy, if someone has owned 5 psd and they are the best thing then sliced bread I ask why buy a idi and dump so much money into it? The only thing I recomend to any PSD owner is to upgrade the fueling system so your not using a dead head system, makes your injectors so happy and truck starts and runs alot better. Again great thing is you can always buy what you want and be happy

Cheapest I've seen were remans, and they're $700 with your cores up front. I'll pm you a link if you want it.