Torque screw vs fuel screw?

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be aware that if you are using a worn IP, the timing is a reference at best. As the IP wears, the timing gets out of whack, and you should definitely adjust it back and forth and see what it 'likes' in terms of best power from whatever your timing would otherwise be set to.

What makes most power will end up being efficient as well. Take it out for a spin, adjust and drive again, until you've dialed it in.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
now that nut that has the springs on either side of it inside the top cover, does anyone know what that does because i went to help someone with one of these trucks and he had turned that nut for some reason and I just had him put it back to stock location because niether of us knew what it did
See now I was under the impression that this piece is the governor. I guess someone should do a tech writeup on the IP so we know lol!

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hay Bill....
Perhaps you should delete the incorrect photo's so as not to co fuse someone's search???

xekon

Reaction score
If the truck is smoking at idle, or anything other than black smoke under heavy throttle... it's timing. Advance the timing until you don't have white/gray smoke.

You can crank the pump up to the maximum on both screws, N/A, and not have any smoke unless you give it too much throttle - it's a fuel /maximum/, not like on a gasser where you are changing the air/fuel ratio.

So I had to go to town and get a couple turn buckles, couldn't find the ones I used last time. I hooked up the piezo diesel timer, and induction timing light, and adjusted the throttle to 2,000RPM

Yep you were right, the timing was at 1.5 degrees, its now at 9 degrees and runs clean, no smoke :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online