Took the Wife's TDI to the Dyno

tgatch

Reaction score
Well took the wife's Bone stock TDI Beetle with 90,000 miles on it over to the Dyno Event we had here in Idaho this weekend. I have to say the little guy impressed me. i had them print off both corrected and uncorrected sheets. So here is the info:

2000 VW TDI Rated
HP: 90 @ 3750 RPM
TQ: 155 @ 1900 RPM

Rolled on the Dyno with SAE Correction Factor:
HP: 85.94
TQ: 158.19

Rolled on the Dyno without Correction Factor:
HP: 76.86
TQ: 141.58

I don't have the Dyno sheets here with me at the moment, but I will get them so I can post up the RPM's I set those numbers at.

Now while you maybe :rotflmao about the HP and TQ Numbers, I have one more thing to tell you. Sunday we took the Beetle over for its first full tank fill up since we've had it and it took on 12.153 gallons of diesel after having gone 465.7 miles. That works out to 38.39 MPG. I expect the next tank to be better now that the wife understands that her little diesel likes to rev a little lower when driving around town.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
:hail for puttin' 'er on the rollers:hail See boys he didn't even break it.:rolleyes:

I went on a trip in a TDI Jetta. I'm really impressed with those V'dubs.:thumbsup:

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
;Sweet Looks like you got your moneys worth on the factory HP/TQ claims.

I've spoken with several TDI owners lately and every one was happy. All gave me MPG figures from about 42 - 50.

They're about the only cars I'd consider buying right now.

tgatch

Reaction score
Well there is my OTHER car too. This has been the best fuel mileage upgrade I have ever bought for my F350.

Attachments

• 1982 300D 02A.jpg
    1982 300D 02A.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 12
Last edited: