Today was the day...

Dave7.3

Diesel ******
Reaction score
After all this time browsing these forums, learning about these trucks and tinkering on my own...this afternoon I watched my old IDI drive out of the yard for the last time...

I got the feeling the old girl didn't want to leave though. Kinda funny...I spent the morning cleaning the cab out and doing a little vacuuming. Jumped in to go meet the guys coming to look at the truck (didn't want them to have to drive all the way out to the farm) and the batteries were so weak it would barely crank. Great.
Hooked up the charger, ended up running late so I just gave them directions to the farm anyway. By the time the guys arrived to look, it had charged enough to finally take off. BARELY.
Even funnier was the older brother mentioned it started better than ANY ford diesel he had ever seen in his lifetime, even with low batteries. Even better than his own truck! LOL

They test drove it and really liked it. Remarked that it had more guts than their 89' F250. Went ahead and shut off the truck to talk turkey, got everything squared away. When they went to fire it up to head out, it would crank real slow but no start. The guy fiddled with the key before we hooked up his brother's truck to jump it. Hooked up for about 30 seconds and I jump in quick...one slow turn and fired right up for me. I just smiled and gave a wave as they headed off. Kinda sad to see it go, but my next project has only just begun.

One other thing I chuckled at, got a text later from the guy that bought the truck. He thinks it is much better than his 91' Cummins! ;Sweet

Anyway, sorry for the long read. I thought I would just give a thank you to you guys over here for sharing your knowledge over the years. I'll try and frequent this site still, but no promises.

-Dave

fuzzy1626

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been great reading your posts the last couple of years. Be sure to check back in. Your knowledge of IDI's is valued.

Dave7.3

Diesel ******
Reaction score
Been great reading your posts the last couple of years. Be sure to check back in. Your knowledge of IDI's is valued.

Thanks, I guess I didn't consider my contributions to be all that much honestly. LOL

stick around, we want to hear more about your PSD!

Oh you want to hear it you say?
http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c115/DD2007/New truck/?action=view&current=039.mp4

LOL

But really, I've made a bit of progress on it since then but have yet to take any pics. Almost ready to pull the engine actually. ;Sweet I'll have to throw up some carnage pics when its apart. :)

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sad to hear she had to go, but it you've got another truck to play with now. Dave, I hope we see you continue to play around in the IDI section.

Heath

Dave7.3

Diesel ******
Reaction score
I had a day like that when I sold mine, but I had two dead batteries, and a 37" 16.5 tires that lost the bead and wouldn't go back on.

I was sad to see it go, but selling it was for the best, still haven't found anything to replace it with though........

Oh man, I should count myself lucky in that case that the truck didn't kick and scream that hard when I signed it over. :rotflmao In all honesty, I probably would have kept it if I hadn't found such a killer deal on this 2001.
You are hunting for another IDI I take it?

Sad to hear she had to go, but it you've got another truck to play with now. Dave, I hope we see you continue to play around in the IDI section.

Heath

Yep and the new truck is almost ready for tear down. ;Sweet I plan to keep up with things over here at the very least, but I will resist crowding the IDI section with PSD questions. :)