Tire sizes and spacer question

zmck150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I came across some tires in much better condition then the ones on my truck, I did some research and came to the conclusion in order to use them I would need to put spacers in the rear so the tires don't touch. My truck is a 93 cc lb drw 4x4 na idi with dry rotted 235/85/16s on stock steel inners (rear) And stock size alcoas on the fronts and outer rear.. the tire size I got for free is 285/75/16. Now the problem is my truck is originally srw from factory. (Door jam gvw reads 9200) whoever converted it put spacers in the rear rather than change the axle out and I didn't know this (never taken my tires off until today). So now my plans if a spacer to accommodate the larger tires isn't gonna work I'd end up with a total of 6 inchs of spacing.. I'm sh*t out of luck it seems.

I have no prior experience with spacers, so if someone has any input please let me know. Snows coming soon and I'm trying to prepare

You must be registered for see images attach

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't run any more spacer on top of what you already have. 285 is a huge jump from a 235. Find something different, even if you have to trade away the 285s.
Travis..

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those tires are almost the same exact height as the stockers just wider. The cheapest solution would probably be like Travis said to trade them off if you want to keep the duallys. I wouldn't stack another spacer on there. I guess there is an outside chance you could pick up a dually axle and swap it for less than the cost of a set of tires. :dunno

FWIW that is a strange looking spacer. The ones I have offset the SRW lugs from the DRW lugs. That thing creeps me out a little.