Tire size

PADIESEL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I put on the 2" spacer on my 2500 will 315 75 17 fit on stock and aftermarket wheels?

MUDDY

Reaction score
on the srw trucks, both the alum and chrome wheels are 17x8. been folks puttin 315s on stock wheels. supposed to fit w/o a 2 inch spacer but a spacer is supposed to give enuff articulatin room so tire wont kiss fendrs

B

Big K

2" is a HUGE amount of spacing, and adds a lot of extra load on bearing components.

I'd be looking for aftermarket wheel options/lifts/or smaller tires well before using a spacer.

How's about a 255/85 tire size? You get the same hgt w/o the width. Are they avail. for the 17" wheel?

Inquiring minds want to know ;)

JMHO

MUDDY

Reaction score
talkin bout the 2 in spcr that goes on top of coil. theres a 285 tire 33.3 in high in a 17. a 315 is a 35. on stock wheel may come close to hit radius arm in tite turn, but many use stock 8 in wheel

Last edited:

PADIESEL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I should have said I do mean the 2" coil spacer.... Just to level out the truck.....
I seen a black 2500 with 315 on stock chromeys...
I was planning on 17x8 or 17 x 10 centerline stinray 2 they are a decent price....
I would love to have 305 70 17 but I do not think they are made yet....
33"s are fine that is a good size but those damn 315 are so cheap ind the bfg at it is hard to pass them up hell I already got em...

Breakin Loose

Reaction score
I'm running the 315 BFG ATs on the stock chrome 17x8 rims with no rubbing, even at full articulation. I do have a 2" spacer, but that just jacks your stance up 2" at rest. It does not lower the bump stops, so it doesn't stop the truck from bottoming out to the stock level. If they fit with a 2" leveler, they will fit stock.

My 315s do come very close. I would be worried that they will rub with an aftermarket wheel since all the aftermarket wheels I've looked at set the tire further out than stock and will move the tire further back in the wheel well during a turn. If you can get a wheel with close-to-stock specs (offset and width) you should be fine.

I know what your saying about the deal on those BFG 315s. Not only that, I've been impressed with their all around performance in mud and snow (even though I'm a Mud Terrain fan).

PADIESEL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will probaly be looking for a used tire first then mount that on one of my new wheels and see how that looks before I buy them and they rub bad alittle rubbing is not a problem.... I think they will fit I have the 2" dpacer kit and when the weather gets warm I will put it on. I guess I will be my own test monkey...

Breakin Loose

Reaction score
Let me know what wheel/tire combination you end up trying and how it works out. I'm going to be in the market for some wheels in a few months and am trying to figure out which ones to go with.

fenceman

Reaction score
Originally posted by MUDDY
on the srw trucks, both the alum and chrome wheels are 17x8. been folks puttin 315s on stock wheels. supposed to fit w/o a 2 inch spacer but a spacer is supposed to give enuff articulatin room so tire wont kiss fendrs
Ditto

midwestdually

Reaction score
what about 305/55/20??S i am pretty sure i dont need a 2" spacer but i will soon find out

gotdiesel?

Fine Diner
Reaction score
So, to put the 315 on my truck, I should be able to put the 2" spacer in the front to make room for full articulation and be fine right? Padiesel was right, the deal on the 315's is pretty good and I think they would look pretty damn good on my redneck limousine!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online