Timing help near Atlanta

Bill-W

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone on here who has the tools and knowledge around Atlanta GA that would be willing to help me check my timing on my truck? Or know of a decent shop in the area? I live 45 miles or so North of the city on US75 in Acworth GA and am willing to travel some to meet up with someone with the knowledge and tools needed to set the IP correctly.

The truck just seems to be a bit sluggish and I cant seem to get over 10mph empty. The PO replaced the pump with an off the shelf reman and I'm sure it was timed by ear, (I did not know then what I know now)I never asked. Not to mention it has been over a year now with the truck and I am sure it has been worn a bit.

Thanks in advance. ;Sweet

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I've read on post's by Agnem, that is what he uses to time Idi's. I have no knowledge of them. If Mel don't chime in soon, you might PM him.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not the same meter as what I use. And this one won't help you out, as it is luminosity only and appears to be missing the "magic glow plug" that is key to doing luminosity timing. I have a Snap-On MT1480, and would be happy to time you, but I think I'm a bit out of your reasonable driving range, unless your going to New England for the holidays. LOL