Tie rod ends?????

eastsideauto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a good part number for the tie rod ends on the front of my sig truck? I prefer Moog, TRW or NAPA. Each lists several different ones for my truck. There are 2 of them. One is connected to the pitman arm and the other is connected to the left steering knuckle.

ToughOldFord

The Cold Glow-Plug
Reaction score
Did you check RockAuto? I replaced all the ones on my '86 4X4 with them and their prices blew the local stores away. I think it's actually the best deal I've ever gotten from them.

eastsideauto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rock auto carries moog and trw but they list like six or so part numbers. What is the right part number?

ToughOldFord

The Cold Glow-Plug
Reaction score
Just looked your truck up and holy cr*p, you're right, there's a ton of options for you. 2wd, 4wd, 3/4 ton, 1 ton, ambulance, economy, standard..

I suppose pick a brand then eliminate the unusable and see what remains if you haven't already done so.

eastsideauto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried to weed out all the nonsense but still came up with a couple of different numbers. Why is it so hard to find a tie rod end for a 1ton 4x4?

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at the listings at rockauto, it looks like the key is knowing the front axle rating. Does your door tag list the GVWR of the front axle? The dividing line they list is under 4200lbs or over 4200lbs.

Coyote_Red

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW Moog has started putting cheap parts from other suppliers they have bought in Moog boxes and not kept up on the quality or lowered the price.