Throwout bearing failed

howards@howard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The throwout bearing on my new SB clutch failed after 16000 miles I took it out and it was in pieces. The part number on the bearing is F557606 I did my research and its a BCA made in China. The net is covered with articles RE this exact bearing failure I am installing a new Valair kit and it also comes with a F557606 BCA bearing

Has anyone found a alternative part for this? Will the OE one work>???

2000 F350 6spd 7.3 stock tow vehicle

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The throwout bearing on my new SB clutch failed after 16000 miles I took it out and it was in pieces. The part number on the bearing is F557606 I did my research and its a BCA made in China. The net is covered with articles RE this exact bearing failure I am installing a new Valair kit and it also comes with a F557606 BCA bearing

Has anyone found a alternative part for this? Will the OE one work>???

2000 F350 6spd 7.3 stock tow vehicle
IIRC Ford has a throwout bearing that works quite well;Poke

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I like what Ford makes. Seems they source the shops that will make what they want from the materials they want. Even Mel changed the Moose Trucks water pump after 23 or 24 years of use. What did he buy.. You bet it was another new Ford part. Think how long you run a part. Then its repalced with a made overseas part that lasts maybe a year or two.. But hell, you have a lifetime warranty.. Thats good right... Nope. Now don't get me wrong. I enjoy working under the hood of my rig. But to buy a warranty that tells me I pay once. But every time that part fails its free forever... I'm not really wanting to do repair work on the repaired part. These are simple to woek on engines. But there is no reason to buy cheap offshore parts. Well maybe money talks most of the time but my time is worth something too. Ever think how long our factory vacuum pumps last. Then they finally let go and what we replace them with will not get nearly 1/3 the life as the oem did. Materials and quality control is the issue. Even or new Bb code Delphi injecters come with metal shavings in them because of por quality control. I like to think it not because they are made in Mexico too. Sure wish we knew someone down in Mexico that could search them out and see if we can buy parts. Anybody live in Mexico thats a member here....:sly:angel: