Thoughts on our crappy sending units.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's actually a really good idea for the float issue. You wouldn't happen to have pics would you? We still need a solution that works better though. I'm saying I don't know if there is some kind of bushing to adapt a universal 73-10 or 78-10 sending unit to our locking ring, but that would work...or some kind of hybrid like Felro86 created would be great. Maybe I'll build it and see where this goes, if and when I get some more capital haha.

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
I'm working on a couple ideas, lots of time right now, just not much money at the moment either.:mad:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
diesel fuel eats the plating for the circuit board on the rheostat. senders are an eventual fail item on our trucks.

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
Well that could certainly play a part in it if the diesel weakens the plating, but nothing happens to them anywhere but where the arm swipes them so I think that is what wears a groove in the plating.

In any case it certainly is a part that wears out faster than most of the rest of the truck.

Would be nice to have an affordable way to fix them so when the bed is off to do the pickups and it's right there that it can be made to last another 10 or 15 years.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could see another use for trojans....not used ones... our new national patriotic hat handed out by the new NHS....appropriate replacement for the old Uncle Sam patriotic hats as we are screwed no matter what.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online