This is Your Con Rod... This is Your Con Rod on Ether!

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not ether, ether rips the rings off the pistons way before this happens, now if the engine is warm and you ether it heavy, that may be a posibility.

Looks more like a hydrolock or seizure. that is my WAG after seeing many 4cyl perkins rods look likethat.

G. Mann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It'll buff out.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA............. Shouldn't have read that reply after taking a big drink of coffee, now I have to replace my keyboard....... LMBO...........

Good one !!!

I've seen [and given] 6.9's and 7.3's several thousands of miles of some pretty hard work and on occasion out right abuse but I've never had one fail [yet].... Looks like these boys really took it over the top to grenade one to this point. Anybody get a video of it I wonder?

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was guessing when I first saw this thread, that the person ran the EGTs pretty high for a while, then lost a head gasket and hydrolocked it. If you run the EGTs borderline and get the metal good and hot, then have it try to compress a bunch of sudden coolant I'm betting it will be soft enough to make the rod nearly 360º arc. Just my SWAG.

Take the torch and some clamps, she'll straighten right up ;Sweet