thinking about a trade

Jeff Dodson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was kinda thinking about trading my truck, its a 91 F250 HD 4x4 7.3 w/ ATS turbo. Its in very good condition with only 135,000 miles.

I was think about another 3/4 ton truck ( required), at least an ex-cab, would like it to be 4X4 but gas engine and not to many miles and has to be in good condition as well, can be Dodge, Ford, Chevy. I just think my diesel is going to waste. I drive it about 1.5 miles to work and back and thats about it. I do need another 3/4 tone because I have a 31 ft.camper and a boat I pull. What do yall think would be a good trade.

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
Why trade? You won't like pulling with a gasser now that you've pulled with a good diesel. The mileage will tank, too. My drive to work is a short one, too but I won't drive another gasser. JMHO.

Last edited:

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Jeff

Don't trade it!cookoo That is a beautiful truck you have. You will regret pulling with a gasser. Especially since you won't pass many gas stations. Not to mention that weird noise it makes (no cacklingLOL ) To equal what you've got now, you'll have to get a 460 and upgrade it. Just take your truck out and run it on one of your days off. Man I'd love to have your fuel bill if you're only driving it 5 miles a day...and it will last forever. I fill two diesel trucks once a week and a third one every other week. You do the math. And I've got almost 10,000 miles on my new truck in less than 6 months. Ouch.
Count your blessings and keep it.

Tom

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Heck,Buy you a little 2.3L ranger for a work truck and keep the diesel for towing.Got the Little ranger for small light work and the real truck for the heavy hauling.Best of both worlds.Ranger gets around 29MPG in the 4 banger 5speed version and a brand new one is just a little over 10K if you get a year end sale deal.

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
Yeah, going with a smaller rig for short jaunts is something I wouldn't mind doing but I don't need the extra cost of insurance nor do I have the money to lay cash down on one and if I finance anything it's going to be a newer truck.

Jeff Dodson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I probably wont trae it, I do have my bike I may start riding it to work again, Sometimes I just feel like its going to waste sitting my driveway, anyway thats all it has done its past life. I think I really just need to get off my lazy A-- and fix the sterring box, I already bought the seals. I replaced the RABS valve and although sometimes the brakes are better, it now loses brake fluid and I cant find out where, The front calipres are new and not leaking. I rear wheel cylinders are not leaking. The rabs valve is not leaking. The master cylinder aint showing no signs of leaking ( driping down the booster ) but twice I have had to fiill the master cylinder and I mean fill it. These brakes are killing me

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online