These the correct oil cooler O-rings???

Drew2010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok ive got to ask, I bought ones from IH with the part numbers from here on OB, mine were black large and small, no green ones. Is these going to be okay? I havent put the engine in yet, and I would love to not have to do it when its in the truck.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For two oil coolers' worth, they cost me right around 60 bucks for JUST the O-rings. The gaskets aren't but about 5 bucks from the parts store around here. Now, I bought my o-rings from the dealer too.

riot pm sent

15 bucks shipped from Rock Auto.

Dang! I just looked on Rock auto , it's only $6.32 for those factory oil cooler seals ( VR makes the IH factory stuff )! last time I got a set at the IH dealer they were near $60 and the gaskets alone ran me about $22 around here, but at least they weren't fel pro
That's a steal. I need to order up a set just to have on hand at that price, heck get a couple and give me an excuse to rebuild the spare cooler I have laying around

FAAAAWWWWKKKK ME from Ford Stealership just now on phone

1 set of; o rings & gaskets $ 77.26 fawk me I think I'll hand him some Vaseline with sand mixed in for good measure!;Sweet:rotflmao

From Lordco... Only has the gaskets locally bout 15 bucksLOL

From Napa....Shows no listing for a set....no gaskets or O rings...:rotflmao

bignastystacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Napa didnt have anything locally for me. The gaskets I got the first time around from ford for about 11 bucks each (one gasket ripped). They were 3 bucks for the whole kit (felpro) from Vato zone. The o-rings I got from Ford for 30 bucks for all four.

dieselgiant

Dieselgiant
Reaction score
Which O-rings come in contact with oil, and which ones come in contacted with coolant? May help decide what to lube the O-rings with.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Synthetic bearing grease. The colored ones are Viton, and the black Buno N. the black will only last a couple hundred thousand miles, Viton couple million.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online