Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can somebody tell me where the thermostat is please

And also the oil feed ima hook up a guage i have

Also where do i tap for my egt guage

Thanks oilburners

gatorman21218

Reaction score
The t-stat is under the pipe that connects to the upper radiator hose. you will have to remove the hose and then the pipe to get to it. Use only ford/international t-stat. the aftermarket ones dont fit quite right

The oil pressure port is on the back of the engine. remove the air cleaner and feel around the drivers side rear. the sender is long like 3 inches.

to put a thermocouple in the best place is to drill and tap the drivers side exhaust manifold. just be careful if you have a turbo not to get any shavings in the manifold.

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to put a thermocouple in the best place is to drill and tap the drivers side exhaust manifold. just be careful if you have a turbo not to get any shavings in the manifold.[/QUOTE]

i would take the maniflod off to prevent any damage.just drill it tap it and blow it out our hose it out. use plenty of oil. i prefere failsafe thermastates cause if they go bad they so open;Sweet

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
I just cranked the truck up when i was about halfway through the hole and dipped the bit and tap in grease when i did it. I also dont understand the whole thing about only using a stock thermostat i have been running a 180 degree thermostat from autozone for about 2 years and havent had any probs. The only t stat for this truck that auto parts stores listed was like a 205 or something.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Do not remove the thermostat and run without it. You will not be able to cool the motor. The only thermostat that works is the factory 192 degree thermostat. Its designed to open and seal off the bypass port in the block. Any other stat can't do that and runnijng without one will overheat the motor. This is history talking and not just some words printed here for others to read. If you choose to run without a thermoatst your were told what will happen. Be careful what you do and install only the oem thermostat if you do any .....:dunno

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
Only use the Ford or International thermostat!

An OEM thermostat is allot cheaper than a replacement engine!

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IF your worried about a thermostat going bad, then toss an extra new one under your seat. Like others have said, IH or Ford Thermostat only.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Yup, motorcraft thermostat only. I have an aftermarket one, and lately, it's been stuck in the full open position. Maybe it's motorcraft...

Anyways takes about ten milesto warm up, and will easily idle down to 150* at a stop light.

junior20762003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i haven't logged on since my last post sorry good thing i just did tho :eek: dont worry i put the thermostat that i already had so it does have a thermostat but its the oem one but dont worry after hearing this from y'all that ***** coming out TOMORROW :sly and im going to the dealer ship first thing ;Sweet;Sweet

once again thanks oilburners :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online