the truck overhaul of my 85 ford

my85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, it uses the same one for the tach signal or is there a different one?

SWS

Seawalkersee my cruise control is a dakota digital cruise control they have 2 models the one i got is for digital gauge dashs. They also have one for mechanical gauges i think you have to buy a different sensor for non gm vehicles

my85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well just about done with all the gauges ! I had to buy 2 new fuel gauge send units for my new gauges so just waiting on that and then im about ready to drive for awhile and get all the bugs out ! I also bought a new timing meter and pules adpater so i can time it ! Ill post some new pics as soon as i get it up and running! I hope everyone had a great christmas and New Years!

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What an enormous amount of time and love and dedication!! I admire you!

RANOVRU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Ive seen of this build and I cant say anything that hasnt already been said.

Awsome job!

racer30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks,,,, I showed this thread to my wife, Now I have her covinced that rebuilding a 93 or 94 truck would be a good project for me. my wife and I have always owned fords 89 93 94 95 00 all f150's now I want a 93 or 94 f250 IDI Great job on your truck.

my85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks,,,, I showed this thread to my wife, Now I have her covinced that rebuilding a 93 or 94 truck would be a good project for me. my wife and I have always owned fords 89 93 94 95 00 all f150's now I want a 93 or 94 f250 IDI Great job on your truck.

Thanks racer30 glad thread could help with the wife! Lol my wife calls my project the money pit but she loves the truck and project 2 .thanks again and good luck with your project!

7.3idi-fan

Reaction score
sure do love the 85 i have a extended cab of the same year i use for truck pulls but its not a idi it a 429 glad to see all the time you put in to your dads old truck

my85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sure do love the 85 i have a extended cab of the same year i use for truck pulls but its not a idi it a 429 glad to see all the time you put in to your dads old truck

Thanks 7.3idi fan
I definately think this truck is worth all the time and money i have in it too! Thanks again

rembrant88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look'n good. Sounds good. I hope you get it exactly how you imagined. I'll let you know when I get mine completely finished. Basically it's an f350 with the 7.3 shortened with a bronco body on it. You going to roll yours over out on the trails or baby it like I do mine?