The Terra tackles the "Scout Hole"

stumiister

Diesel Truck Tech
Reaction score
Id like to see all these wanna be pretty boy trucks do that, I bet they would get stuck every time even if they tried it at all.

X-NRCan_IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id like to see all these wanna be pretty boy trucks do that, I bet they would get stuck every time even if they tried it at all.

They probably wouldn't even want to be close to that hole... heaven forbid they might get mud splatter all over their chrome...

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No issue with the mech fan? In my jeeps, i always ran an e fan with a switch after hearing stories of the water messing the blades up with the fan running.

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THAT! Is awesome stuff!!

Maybe I missed it, didn't see a snorkel, where is it located?

Totally kewl run!

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
i cut a hole in the cowl, then ran the factory ford air intake tube to a pipe i screwed to it. after this run i went the other way through and the water splashed into the cowl and the truck stalled! though for sure i hydro locked it, bumped the key and it lit right off and made it through! cookoo

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i cut a hole in the cowl, then ran the factory ford air intake tube to a pipe i screwed to it. after this run i went the other way through and the water splashed into the cowl and the truck stalled! though for sure i hydro locked it, bumped the key and it lit right off and made it through! cookoo
I had something kinda like that happen once...went through a fairly deep mud puddle, and the engine started running REALLY rough. As soon as I got on dry ground, I shut the engine off and pulled the air filter out...there was mud on it and it was nice and wet, and there was a fair amount of sediment at the bottom of the housing. No water on the "clean" side of the air filter, thank goodness. Cleaned it out, let the air filter sun-dry for a minute or two, and the engine started right up and ran perfectly and no problems since cookoo

That was when I learned my lesson...I can have a reliable long-distance rig or I can have a 4x4 off-road toy. Pick one.

Hopefully I can someday build a dedicated 4x4. That's probably years down the road, though...