The Official "Show Us Your Ride" pictures of member's trucks thread.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
Most details in sig, added a headache rack with a bunch of lights this summer. Still chugging along reliably.

You must be registered for see images attach

Vid of all my lights in action, interior lights too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d2B7yQ1oLk

A48WillyzGuy

Reaction score
Hey all! I recently became the owner of a '93 F250. Just thought I'd introduce myself.
My name is Jon, and I'm from Evansville, IN. I picked this guy up on my way home from the 4-Wheel Jamboree Nationals in Indy a few weeks ago. I was a bit nervous for the trip home, but it made the over 200 mile trip without issue. It's not much to look at, but here it is.

Non-Turbo
E4OD
Dana 50

These are the pics of it at the car lot, but it doesn't look any different at my house. Haha.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380815789235.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380815789235.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 40
  • uploadfromtaptalk1380815828778.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380815828778.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 36
  • uploadfromtaptalk1380816208285.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380816208285.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 36

Arborigine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
85 F-250 diesel, 4x4. Stock. It works hard. One of these days it will get airbags.

Last edited:

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
85 F-250 diesel, 4x4. Stock. It works hard. One of these days it will get airbags.

Do you move things as your job or side work? I am suprised you have stayed stock pulling all that, how fun was the old commercial ford truck?

Arborigine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I buy and sell a lot of crazy stuff, look around my many photobucket albums if you have a lot of time. http://s221.photobucket.com/user/arborigine/library/ The tow truck Mater' is awaiting shipment to Bogota Colombia, and the 47 Superior camper is going to it's new home next week. The Short bus is a $400 shed with reman eng and trans, way cheaper than lumber and i can drive it behind the barn. That last photo above with the old Pro-trak that with truck was 18,500 on the scales. (private scales, don't want the CHP in my face) Here is a shot of my 3 spaces at the Turlock Auto Swap Meet last sunday. We fill it to the windows. and took another truck pulling the Jeepster and other stuff. As for driving it stock, you just have to be patient. Adding a turbo would probably reduce it's durability. I climbed the grapevine southbound with that load for the Big 3 in San Diego last Feb at 35MPH, same as with a half-load. Having a manual trans is a plus, but a splitter would be a nice improvement. Trucks used to be slow, that 56 C-600 only has a 312, and it was a one of the largest engines Ford offered that year. It is a keeper, i will be driving it to ATHS meets next year hopefully.

Last edited:

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah well with an 18500 load I would recommend a different truck, but maybe I just spoiled because my last diesel before my current idi was a duramax with a few bolt ons I installed.

Arborigine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, remembered my figures wrong. Total on scales was 13940, Subtract 8600 GVWR leaves 5340 Lbs for the trailer. Only above max recommended weight by 2 occupants. Truck did well, but glad the trailer has four wheel brakes. I did get a bigger truck, that C-600 is a two ton. Anyone in the west have an appropriate sleeper for it?

Last edited:

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That isn't so bad. I had a brief dealing with a plow truck, a 93 Super Duty regular cab flat box, with the plow fitted and the spreader full of salt, she weighed just about 13000lbs.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow that's a real beauty reklund.is that a resto or a survivor?
just waxed mine up the other day too.added some trim and stuff since last pics posted too.
i think iv only got to replace my original door handles now.the last of the original trim.no wait,the windshield chrome is also still oem,but thats in good condition.just the door handles now are all thats left old and looking it in person.cracked looking.easy enough to change.

edit,oh i didn't post a before pic in my post here either after her paint job.that was just wrong.:D
here is a before pic,when it was red.i had just bought her in '09.she was rotting out around all the fender wells (core support was still clean.it's kind starting to surface now though.but still good for many years i think.) the rest is sound.she had less than 50k original miles on her when someone decided to make it a yard truck! she was plowing snow locally and just used occasionally by the looks of things.i recused her just in time but all the sitting around took it's toll on everything and today shes basically a full resto (i didn't really plan to do this,but as i got into the truck the more and more i saw it was totally worth it,so i just kept going) and far beyond/upgraded in many aspects.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    776.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    347.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine's a survivor. I've had a little paint work done to the hood and roof to take care of some peeling clearcoat, and some repair work to the bottom of the cab under the extra cab to take care of some rust, but it certainly hasn't been completely restored. I just try to keep it nice. It currently needs a transmission. What's funny is I searched posts started by me, and I've been ******** about the clutch/trans since 2009. Guess it's not too bad that its just now bad enough to warrant repair...

Ryan

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Mine's a survivor. I've had a little paint work done to the hood and roof to take care of some peeling clearcoat, and some repair work to the bottom of the cab under the extra cab to take care of some rust, but it certainly hasn't been completely restored. I just try to keep it nice. It currently needs a transmission. What's funny is I searched posts started by me, and I've been ******** about the clutch/trans since 2009. Guess it's not too bad that its just now bad enough to warrant repair...

Ryan

That's our problem here in the southwest. Our trucks don't rust, but the clear coat goes to hell in a handbasket. The paint has completely faded off of the hood on my truck, and the clear coat is gone on a lot of other parts, and now the red parts are different shades based on which way the truck was parked while it was sitting.

jocephus30

Reaction score

I hope the attached picture worked i have never posted a pic before. I have been on here for a while reading and taking in as much information as i could. My currect truck is my third Ford diesel and the second idi I bought her back in March and it was love at first sight. What i have here is a 1986 crewcab dually turbo diesel 4x4, it was factory 4x4 but duals added om from dealer from what i was told my the woman i bought it from. The story on the truck was the original owner retired amd bought this truck and a fifthwheel and traveled the usa. The man took incredoble care of it i have fuel logs and mpg data from 84000 miles to 267,000 miles all from the original owner. The best part of it is the gentalman replaced the motor rebuilt turbo had trans and transfer case all completly redone in 2000 but only put about 16,000 miles before i bought her at the first of the year from the daughter of the original owner.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's our problem here in the southwest. Our trucks don't rust, but the clear coat goes to hell in a handbasket. The paint has completely faded off of the hood on my truck, and the clear coat is gone on a lot of other parts, and now the red parts are different shades based on which way the truck was parked while it was sitting.

Speaking for most of the folks in the rust belt, I think we would trade problems with you guys. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Staff online