The nut holding the knuckle on my 2wd Tailhousing has come off

mjs2011

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EDIT- seems like you realized you sounded like a (insert derogatory name here) and edited your post...
this is the only edit i will make, you know what you posted ;Really

in my field, thousandths gets you nothing but returned product.

it was a generalization. not many people here know what 0.021" looks like.
i can eyeball .020 pretty damn accurately.

it was an effort to help, if you dont like it, you suggest you look elsewhere for sympathy.

i gave you the exact dimension. do what you wish. i just figured since you couldn't figure out how to tighten a nut, you needed a little help.
i greatly apologize for trying to help, i wont make that mistake with you again ;Sweet

I edited my post because you mentioned 45 mm in your post, but I looked back at my measurement of the knuckle and it is actually 46 mm. You converted 45 mm to inches and I was calling out that your conversion from 46 mm to inches was wrong, though I saw that you misread 46 as 45 and instead converted that. So I edited it as I knew what you meant, though your attempt at a helpful conversion was actually incorrect to my initial posted dimension.

You seem to be angry for no reason and I'm not quite sure why. Also, you seem to have completely misread the situation. My question was not, how do I tighten this nut, as you seem to have inferred. My question actually was, this nut has come off. Can I simply put it back on or will problems arise from it.

I don't need any sympathy from anyone. I posted here because I knew that many people on this forum are more knowledgeable than me on these pickups. But yet you resort to insulting me, inferring that I don't know how to tighten a nut? Why? Because I asked a question, that makes you feel as though I have no idea what I'm doing?

EDIT- seems like you realized you sounded like a (insert derogatory name here) and edited your post...
this is the only edit i will make, you know what you posted ;Really

in my field, thousandths gets you nothing but returned product.

it was a generalization. not many people here know what 0.021" looks like.
i can eyeball .020 pretty damn accurately.

it was an effort to help, if you dont like it, you suggest you look elsewhere for sympathy.

i gave you the exact dimension. do what you wish. i just figured since you couldn't figure out how to tighten a nut, you needed a little help.
i greatly apologize for trying to help, i wont make that mistake with you again ;Sweet

Sent from my LG-VS985 using Tapatalk

mjs2011

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now to get the post back on topic, It was suggested by someone elsewhere that the bearing and seal may have suffered without having that nut properly torqued for some time. There is some transmission fluid on the bellhousing, so I'm curious as to whether the seal is actually having issues.

Is there any truth to what I was told?

Sent from my LG-VS985 using Tapatalk

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Meh. Would be better off replacing at least the seal.
But do as riotwarrior said in post #2 when going back on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online