The Bronco swap....

JLep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A buddy told me today to just sell the truck outright and buy a different 6.9l. I want to do the project with the Bronco, but which way should I go? I try to get started an then another hang up. GEEZ!

FordGuy100

Reaction score
No I wouldnt. When your doing this swap you might need things off the donor truck and if you just go out and buy a different 6.9 then you wont have access to the donor rig. I would just stick to you current plan, take the 6.9 out of the truck you have, and then keep the donor truck around until after the project is finished and you have taken out all the things you need, and then sell your donor truck. Or at least that is what I would do in your situation.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Yep, justin's right on there. Not that I dont have alternative reasons for you keeping the truck you have and parting it out, lol. But Justin hit the nail on the head about keeping the truck around for random parts you may need during the swap.
Besides, from what I understand, you know how this engine was cared for, and how many miles are truly on it, etc. You'd likely spend a ton more money on just an engine than to keep the one you've got. You'll rarely find a decent running 6.9 or 7.3 for less than 1500-2000.

JLep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The swap is on! Start the lists folks, I'm ripping this week. Send all your wants in PM's. i already have a list of parts potentially sold. I have almost the whole truck, some interior parts are spoken for, but there is still plenty of truck. 6 Neb. I have a list for you broken up in several PM's, can you simplify the list for me? Thanks!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck! LOL I want one too. I'll trade a C6. :D