tech article--pic question

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
I'd like to post thumbnails that you can click and open on another page for a tech article, but I don't know how? What's the secret?

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have either a webshots or photobucket account?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Barney, you can set up a webshots account, and when you get your pictures uploaded, you will see on the right side next to the picture some text that says "post to a forum". You copy and paste that text into your post here, and it will show up as a thumbnail, and automatically link the thumbnail to the full picture on Webshots. That's the way my signiture pictures were done. Actually though, I prefer to just get tech artcles in Microsoft Word, with full size pictures. It reduces the reliance on an outside link breaking and ruining a tech article which needs to have a very long shelf life. I review/edit them, then give them to guys like Mike to post here on OB for permenency.

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
Barney, you can set up a webshots account, and when you get your pictures uploaded, you will see on the right side next to the picture some text that says "post to a forum". You copy and paste that text into your post here, and it will show up as a thumbnail, and automatically link the thumbnail to the full picture on Webshots. That's the way my signiture pictures were done. Actually though, I prefer to just get tech artcles in Microsoft Word, with full size pictures. It reduces the reliance on an outside link breaking and ruining a tech article which needs to have a very long shelf life. I review/edit them, then give them to guys like Mike to post here on OB for permenency.

I don't have microsoft, I'm on a mac. I don't know if that makes a difference or not. I'll just post to webshots. Wish me luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle