take 3

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
picked up another IDI yesterday. this one is more my speed. less show, more go.

'89 F250 reg cab 7.3 C6 with a Western plow.

pics to follow.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
Yeah I got it in PA. Delta to be exact. drove to somerset friday night, then saturday we drove to Mels house and picked up the truck, then drove all the way back home saturday. got home around 11:45 pm.

here's a few pics to start..i have more on my camera but have not downloaded them yet.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
You make it sound like Mell sold one of his fleet... Is that what you did...:dunno

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
I hauled it home. she needs a little TLC but she's a runner. i spent most of today repairing a stuck rear brake and swapping in a new alternator and voltage regulator..not sure if my charging problem is solved yet or not, but i called it a night anyway.

yes i did buy the truck from Mel.. but not one of the Moose fleet. this one was destined to be a parts truck, or to be fixed up and sold. Mel was kind enough to let me have it for a price i couldn't refuse.

it definitely has "personality" but it's a very solid truck. needs return lines, surges at idle, stalls if you let off the fuel pedal too quick..bleeding the filter releases whet looks like *****...yellow 2 year old fuel. the truck sat for a couple years before Mel got it. front axle joints are shot but the 4x4 does work. the plow motor works, but i havent seen any action yet from the hydraulics...

the rust is all cosmetic...some of it is thru the sheetmetal but the frame and underbody are rock solid. this truck will push snow and haul firewood and building materials as well as serve as backup for my aging SD.

this truck flat out ***** 'n gits too for an NA truck. no problem squeeling tires from a stop even with the plow blade in the bed.:sly on wet pavement, look out. i got it sideways more than once.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool. Glad you got it home OK Rob. Thanks for the visit, and for taking that stray off my hands. I wasn't looking to buy another truck when I bought it, but it needed a good home and I knew that I would find one. I hadn't posted about it yet, cause I knew if I did there would be takers lining up and I wasn't ready to commit to delivery until I knew it was worthy of leaving Moose Valley. I had intended to make several repairs to it and sell it for about double what I paid, but Rob had just sold his IDI and I wanted to see him back in one. He was willing to take on the issues, and I knew he would heal it faster than I could. I think he is really happy with it, and I know that it is going to work out great for him. We were up to 9 running vehicles at my place, and I needed to thin the herd!

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
Mel i found that grade on 322...2nd gear at 45 mph and 3000 rpm..and the smell of my 4" downpipe cooking my firewall insulation :eek: that rest area at the top of the hill is like something straight out of "Unsolved Mysteries".

the rest of the trip was easy. 12 mpg on the way out with the empty trailer and 10 mpg on the way back. most of the trip home was in 3rd at 68 mph, about 2700 rpm. with that trailer and truck on the back the SD didnt want to hold OD in the PA hills. my ears are still ringing:yell:

I80 is a pretty drive, and in waay better condition than the PA turnpike.

needboost2live

Reaction score
Mel i found that grade on 322...2nd gear at 45 mph and 3000 rpm..and the smell of my 4" downpipe cooking my firewall insulation :eek: that rest area at the top of the hill is like something straight out of "Unsolved Mysteries".
QUOTE]

ha ha i know exactly what your talking about... I used to go to penn state and would have to drive that hill every weekend..... only in a poopy little nissan and i would have to downshift to third and sometimes second if i had my 4 wheeler in the back..... glad you made it back safely.