tail lights

Mat J

Way down south
Reaction score
i have seen two different types of stock tail lights. for the 87 and up models

theres the ones where the reverse light is just a little square which i have on my truck

then theres the ones where the reverse light wraps around the entire bottom of the brake light. which my buddy has on his 90 idi.

i guess these are not year specific but trim level specific? just wondering what was supposed to come on what.

i would like to change out my tail lights for some with the wrap around reverse light.

F350farmboy

The Hornet
Reaction score
The reverse lights from my '89 wrap around....

According to the new LMC catalog, the wrap around reverse lights were from 87-9/89 and the square reverse lights were from 10/89-96

Mat J

Way down south
Reaction score
oh ok i guess that would make since. iv seen them on later models but i guess that is because someone swapped them

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
i have seen two different types of stock tail lights. for the 87 and up models

theres the ones where the reverse light is just a little square which i have on my truck

then theres the ones where the reverse light wraps around the entire bottom of the brake light. which my buddy has on his 90 idi.

i guess these are not year specific but trim level specific? just wondering what was supposed to come on what.

i would like to change out my tail lights for some with the wrap around reverse light.

I haven't found the sender yet, but I'll also look at the tail lights from it and see if they're the ones you're looking for.

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
They are the wrap around back up style. I'll clean them up tonight and take a couple of pics. Hopefully I'll find the sender too.