Synthetic oils

Coyote_Red

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am wondering if an IDI will have trouble burning a synthetic oil. I may have a line on about 470 gallons of the stuff. I do know that synthetic is designed to resist thermal break down so burning it will be inherently harder to burn but is it impossible? I plan to filter with a fuge and cut it down with either K1 or RUG. The oil is Rotella T-6 and mobile 1 if that matters. The most recent threads I can find are 2 plus years old on here and Google, maybe a bad search on my part though.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Burns just as good as non synthetic. Fill up!
there is a noticable difference between burning mobil1 wmo and other stuff. granted, most of the oils of late can be considered synthetic in order to meet the latest standards, the mobil 1 stuff doesn't burn as clean in my truck in the winter.

Kalashnikov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by not as clean? I have not noticed a difference. The truck will run different on everything in the cold weather vs hot.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by not as clean? I have not noticed a difference. The truck will run different on everything in the cold weather vs hot.

the exhaust haze is quite noticable with mobil 1 30% #2 70%. also the EGT is a little lower. it is more tolerable with 25%WATF 25%mobil1 50% #2.
the WMO is taken from a exclusive MBZ repair shop where the oil changes are done with 100% synthethic oil. very little chance of reg dino oil mixed in.

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Syn wmo should flow a little better in colder weather, right:dunno
For fuel purposes.:dunno

leswhitt has a fuel pressure gauge on his pickup, maybe he's noticed some differences???