Superchared diesel inside here...

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry to hear about the troubles, but it isn't easy treading in uncharted waters. Looks like your doing great so far ;Sweet

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem is that those sheets are not totally correct for all applications. Remember that boost is a measure of restriction. So, technically, if you have a blower that pushes out 10 psi and a lot of work gets done on the engine and exhaust and that same blower at that same speed only produces 6 psi. (remember this is in theory only), the engine is going to make more power even though it shows less psi. I am not sure how much I can increase the size of the crank pulley. I know it will not be a lot becaus of how close it is to the waterpump pulley. So, I am going to run a shrunkin SC pulley when I have a chance to figure out how to get it together....but as for now, I have an idea that I think will work...and that is more than I had a week ago.

SWS

I understand that those maps aren't always accurate for all applications for sure. I'm sure as soon as you get a pulley on that is small enough that it will make some decent power. Plus I don't think that math I did is at all exact anyway. I would try maybe somewhere near a 2" pulley or something close to that. What were you thinking size wise on the pulley? Anyway, keep it going. Your getting close man...

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was afraid you'd have issues making much of any boost with the M90 on the 6.9L. I've seen guys struggle to make 5lbs of boost with them on the 300's.

I don't know if you'll be able to go with a small enough pulley on the Eaton to make it work. It might be time for a jackshaft.:D ;Sweet Or maybe a gear drive set up like some of the centrifugal superchargers have.

I'd like to see someone try a Shelby GT500 H122 Eaton on a IDI.

He isn't looking for insane boost. Just a lil off of idle, which an M90 should give him due to being the positive displacement type. And maybe I can have my brother make a pulley up pretty cheap for SWS. He would do it for probably only materials I'm sure cus he has a lathe that he can do it on. He would need specs and whatever else to do it though...

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh and I know its not a M122 but as soon as I get my truck to Cali I am going to mount a M112. The SC mount is already made. I just have to do the pulley setup.

Fordman75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He isn't looking for insane boost. Just a lil off of idle, which an M90 should give him due to being the positive displacement type.

None of the stock Eaton superchargers will produce an "insane" amount of boost.:D

I don't think he'll gain enough blower rpm with just a pulley swap. Now Add the pulley swap to a jackshaft or gear drive and he'd get closer.;Sweet

Make sure to post lots of pics when you do your install.;Sweet

The Shelby H122 is a Hybrid between a twin screw blower and the roots.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
None of the stock Eaton superchargers will produce an "insane" amount of boost.:D

I don't think he'll gain enough blower rpm with just a pulley swap. Now Add the pulley swap to a jackshaft or gear drive and he'd get closer.;Sweet

Make sure to post lots of pics when you do your install.;Sweet

The Shelby H122 is a Hybrid between a twin screw blower and the roots.

Won't the blower rpm depend on the size if the pulley? I mean how small of a pulley would be to small? Cus even like a jack shaft you should be able to get the blower rpm up. You would just have to use a lot smaller pulley by itself.

As for the Eaton M112 I just want to hit 10psi with it and will have the turbo for the top end and more boost. I will provide lots of pics when I can do it too.

The H122 sounds really interesting. I'll have to look it up.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
I do not remember the size of the pulley I have. I am going to get some washers that have the correct ID and weld them together. I think the pulley is a 1.9" that I have. As far as the jackshaft goes, it does not matter how big or small you make the pullies as long as the difference in the two pullies is correct, I.E. 6"drive 4"driven will be the same as a 3"drive 2"driven (mathematically, not actually...just an example).

SWS

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1.9" sounds really close to what you want. You will definietly make some boost with that setup. What are you going to do to balance the pulley after you weld the washers on?

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that. Lol. I guess I was meaning who would be able to do that? A machinist or someone with a lathe?

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Depends on how far out of balance it is. With a bubble balancer, I could probably get it really close with a drill. I got a lot of small things done today. Fixed my wiring, added a new brake light, put the bumper back on, fixed the tail gate latch, adjusted the IP, drove it. I will tell you that I have air intrusion somewhere and THAT is getting old. I need to get it fixed ASAP. I think I am going to pull off all of the fuel lines and hit them with a file. I HOPE that is where the problem is right now. I also need to make a different fuel line setup to be able to use the powerstroke filter. Fixing the air is a priority though. I am going to get the baby powder out tomorrow and see what I can find. So far, I can not see any leaks, but again, I am on the ground looking over it, and can only see the top 6 or so lines.

On a different note, I think I am going to have the boost I am seeking. I want a few at idle and 10ish driving. I think bumping the pulley down will give me that. I DO wonder though, if I have an intake valve leaking...BTW, if you look up supercharged cummins on youtube, you will see that there is a kit to put a (different style) m90 on there with compuond boost. I am looking at an 84(I think) dualley with a banks kit and an overdrive. If I can get it for this, I will add the turbo to the rear and make it a compound setup.

SWS

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am looking at an 84(I think) dualley with a banks kit and an overdrive. If I can get it for this, I will add the turbo to the rear and make it a compound setup.

SWS

:sly:love:

I like the sound of that! Turbo feeding into the SC. That'll be a 1st on an IDI, at least that I know of.;Sweet

Heath

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Nope. No progress on this end. I am swapping out my tires to something a little more liquid friendly. The ones on there now have goo knobs and will work really well in the mud. Not so well in the rain. These that I have now are so slick that it will slip and slide of I drive past a dog ****** on a hydrant. Putting my (already had them) MT baja claws on and hope they work a bit better.

I am got screwed last week. My tranny decided to take a dump in the DD. So, I have parts on order that I HOPE will be here today. If they are, I will have the tranny in by the weekend. I have put no effort into a new pulley yet and probably won't for a while. Time, money, and family make this next to impossible to do. Hence the reason it took over a year to make a stupid bracket that would have taken a few hours a decade ago.

SWS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online