Superchared diesel inside here...

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm kinda assuming you are talking to me. Lol. You are talking about having the pulley made correct? My brother has a lathe so he should be able to do it. I can see how much. I'm sure not a big amount if at all other than cost. BUT don't quote me on that one. I'm pretty sure he can do it though. Just get me all the specs and a pic and I'll talk to him. I wanna see you get this thing done. :)

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Pffffffffft...thats just par for the course. Like this. I am trying to get it running again. Yes again. I was having a fuel leak at the inlet line of the IP. After fixing that leak with some olives I got from Russ, the return caps are now showing me leaks. There is less than a year on them. Could have happened prior to me getting the olives and I would have saved some time. So...you can start it and it will run. BUT, if it sits for a while, it just cranks, and cranks, and cranks. After about 10ish sec and a second gp cycle, it fires right up. So, I imagine that after I get this done, after I get a pulley made, I will have to get new GPs since I double or tripple the use of them by just getting it started. After that, I bet my starter goes out, which is the high torque one.

I am trying to figure out how to get it attached to this thread. I can not get it to come over from my pictures.

SWS

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
This is almost exactly what I want. The OD should be 1.9" so the top of the belt should be 1.85" and the belt is a 6 groove and not 8. BUT, it needs one take off of each side and not 2 off of the front or rear. 1 off of the back keeps the spacing from the SC snout correct.

SWS

Attachments

• pulley.jpg
    pulley.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 187

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is definitely a work in progress too. Lol. I'll talk to my brother and see what he can do. He's hard to get ahold of so it might take a few days for me to get back to you.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
That is not my pic. Do you understand the differences that need to be made?

SWS

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I think I do. Just needs to be 6 rib instead of 8. And the diameter of the edge of the pulley is 1.90" while where the belt contacts on the pulley is 1.85" correct? And I understand the spacing thing too. It there any other info I need?

Also what type of material do you want it made of?

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
It still needs to be that width ad the shaft. And there is a keyway in it. Hold off though, I think my brother is getting one made as we speak. He sent it to his CNC guy and he told him "Huh...It looks like a blower pulley". To which my brother replied "Thats 'cause it is"... None the less. The snout seal and possibly the snout on the one in the vids may be shot. It is leaking and the rib may be lunched. I pulled the pulley off to check the diameter of the pulley and was shocked. So...I have to make a new inlet in the next few days for the 94+ blower going on. So, I will be adding more pics and vids as the progress comes.

SWS

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I'll hold off. Does the 94+ one have a different intake then? That stinks the one took a pooh...

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Ehhhh...No biggie. The reason it sucked was this. LAST Wed (as in this Wed it will be two weeks) I ordered some tranny parts to fix my DD. That has had me waiting by the door for a week. On Wed, I e-mailed the guy to find out where my junk was. It is still at his shop. Seems they wait on UPS there as opposed to the other way. So, since I got that message Friday, I know I will still be rolling the dice for another week. I went to replace the rear wheel bearing on Thurs, and was given one for the front. I kinda know what I am doing since I have replaced a lot of them. I have two of those cars, and I think there is only one left between the two. So, I make the call and he tells me "Oh, dude, Im sorry. Bring it by and I will get the new one pressed in." Now, I am not blaming him at all for the wrong bearing. I know what I am doing and should have looked at the bearing prior to leaving. However, I had to yank the one off of the car that is part of jackstand racing, and swap out the rear knuckle so I can have about a 70% reliable driver. So I get to the parts store and he is ready to help. I tell him, your press better be pretty big, and they look at me like I am crazy. I tell them that it took 14 tons to break it loose. He looked at me like I was crazy and I had to explin it to him. After about 30ish min, he comes back to the front holding the knuckle and the race is still inside.

So, armed with the new one and the fact that I am no dummy, I welded a pulley to the race and it popped right out when I got home.

I called my brother and now you are up to speed. Still awaiting on return caps and tranny parts. Still need to get a lot of work done. Still have 3 kids from 2-7 that are SOOOO helpfull, and bit more of fabbing to do.

Anyway, I am going out in a few to start and will show some of the differences.

SWS

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey SWS any updates? Also I missed your last update about how you welded the pulley. Can you take a pic of it?

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Sorry about the late replies on this forum. I am working on stuff around the house and beating most of the stuff that comes up. The welded pulley was to use it as a press to knock out a bearing race. That is for my DD. The tranny is about done, and as far as I can get without the rooster comb that is specific to the car.

Regardless, the down time was because of this: I went out to start on the return lines. When I pulled the blower, it was leaking from the front. I pulled the pulley and found the old blower had pushed out the snout seal. I had the idea to swap blowers and had to remake the blower inlet (from the air cleaner) since it is a different size between the two. Put it all back together and have boost. Less than a pound, but boost none the less. You have to let off of the throttle to see it drop, but it is a step in the right direction. Called my brother who was supposed to be making me a new pulley. Long and short...he forgot. But it should be getting back on track and hopefulley I whould have it in the next week or so.

Other than that, it runs pretty good. I still hate the way it goes to idle or below between shifts, but have a 6 spd in the works. I am also getting my other rear end (8.8) so I can put this one (9") under the car. Very busy with other projects.

If this blower pulley does not get me where I want to be, I will put the turbo on this and abandon the entire thing.

SWS