sunday...sunday...sunday....BBQ

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Short notice, but that's what happens when the mood hits....
My buddy Mike is in the mood to BBQ and we're holding it at the house. Oh yea, there's a north-of-the-border OB member here who brought a 12pack of the below pic. Need help to drink it.;Sweet I have to babysit my dad in the morning and buy supplies afterwards. Prolly start gathering at the house....after 4pm. If you have my phone number call me for addy. This will be an invite-only event due to the fact it is at the house.
that is all...:D

Attachments

• SL370172.JPG
    SL370172.JPG
    291.2 KB · Views: 5

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, you do this when I cant make it. **********.LOL

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, you do this when I cant make it. **********.LOL
russ-
this is one for the folks who don't have a "traditional" fathers day. they also get to be the lab rat for recipe experimentation. believe me, I'm getting pressure to put something on july/aug;Sweet

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Have fun.I am going to spend my fathers day alone under my semi tractor in 98 degree heat praying for a heatstroke.

gandalf

Reaction score
Ahhhhh, Calvin. What are we going to do with you? You present such temptation when you know my willpower is weak.

I'd call you right now, would have called earlier, but it's not even 9am. I know better than to call too early.

There are two problems here. We're going to my daughter's house today--previous arrangements. Also, I'm only semi-mobile. I'm having to be very careful how I move, and I think I'm not drinking any beer or other good stuff.

I saw you Friday, then went home to get ready for work. Earlier in the week I had a cyst burst on my back. My wife saw it Friday and said, "You're not going ANYWHERE until you see the doctor. That thing is infected. Get your butt in there and call the doctor NOW:backoff:backoff"

I ended up having minor office surgery at 7:30 that evening. So, I now have a hole in the middle of my back (unknown size--I haven't seen it yet) and about a 9 inch square dressing bandage. I'm able to move around, carefully. Needless to say, I never got to work Friday.

Other than all that, you know I'd love to come to the BBQ. That beer is Good, you and Mike do really good steaks (there's an assumption there since you said BBQ), and the company is always good. I'm really sorry to have to miss this one.

I'll expect a full after-action report, and pictures.

And, a Happy Father's Day to all. A Happy Father's Day to all you mothers too.:eek:;p

Last edited:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
russ-
this is one for the folks who don't have a "traditional" fathers day. they also get to be the lab rat for recipe experimentation. believe me, I'm getting pressure to put something on july/aug;Sweet

I am just razzing you, you know that.:love:

Have fun and happy fathersday to all;Sweet;Sweet

suv7734

Reaction score
Short notice, but that's what happens when the mood hits....
My buddy Mike is in the mood to BBQ and we're holding it at the house. Oh yea, there's a north-of-the-border OB member here who brought a 12pack of the below pic. Need help to drink it.;Sweet I have to babysit my dad in the morning and buy supplies afterwards. Prolly start gathering at the house....after 4pm. If you have my phone number call me for addy. This will be an invite-only event due to the fact it is at the house.
that is all...:D

That guy from "north-of-the-border" ran into a big issue Saturday afternoon and had to go back way earlier than expected. Sorry I didn't call but the cel had an issue and I didn't have a hard copy of you're phone number with me :idiot:
Now I'm extra pissed due to missing the Sunday BBQ -cuss
Good numbers on the trip though:
1,970.5 total miles
62 MPH average speed (per GPS) that's fast boys
134 MPH max. speed (per GPS)
24.7 MPG average (US-MPG hand calculated)

Radar detector earned it's keep this weekend!
Not bad for a 5 spd 4WD with a dual mass clutch... too bad it's running on gasoline:rolleyes:

B

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That guy from "north-of-the-border" ran into a big issue Saturday afternoon and had to go back way earlier than expected. Sorry I didn't call but the cel had an issue and I didn't have a hard copy of you're phone number with me :idiot:
Now I'm extra pissed due to missing the Sunday BBQ -cuss
Good numbers on the trip though:
1,970.5 total miles
62 MPH average speed (per GPS) that's fast boys
134 MPH max. speed (per GPS)
24.7 MPG average (US-MPG hand calculated)

Radar detector earned it's keep this weekend!
Not bad for a 5 spd 4WD with a dual mass clutch... too bad it's running on gasoline:rolleyes:

B
hooterjockey-
I was wondering why you weren't calling back. i'm honored you dropped by briefly tho;Sweet
I'm still eating the aftermath of last night. We didn't break camp until 2am when SCPD dropped by to dutifully inform us we were disturbing the peace and they each had to pick up a plate of food to determine if we had just cause for making all the noise that we were making:D
everyone's opinion was the tweaking of the recipes was a good thing;Sweet
All animals involved (cow, pig, and a few chickens) had not died in vain in the preparation of our feast;Sweet;Sweet

Attachments

• IMG_0263.JPG
    IMG_0263.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 8

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7