summer project

remington88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got them out. Wasn't to bad actually. One of the alignment Dowells came out with the head.where can i get new ones and do i need to take the block in or can i put the new on it. Looks just like a roll pin thats pressed in.

remington88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

here are a few of the pics i took. if this works. i will post up pics of the heads when i get them on my computer from the phone

remington88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well life has finally started to slow down enough to get more work done. boy its been too long away from this project and i am missing driving my truck dang it. the heads are on once again. so is the rockers valve covers valley pan. finished making a block off plate for the intake since i am going turbocharged. got my up pipes all welded up at work. glad i didnt do it cause i dont know how to weld very well only done it once or twice. gotta finish up bolting everything up to the front of the engine and fab up a drain tube and oil feed line. then buy an exhaust system. still lots to do. hopefully it will be running by thursday night minus the exhaust. yall have a good one

remington88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
finally got it together. boy i tell ya the turbo kit was a bear. and i sure hope it was worth all the trouble fightin and cussin to get it on. it runs not great still got some air in the lines and a few leaks on the injectors but its to dark and late to finish it. i will get it all finished tomorrow after work and finally get to drive it i hope. if everything checks out and no leaks. sure does sound different now that i dont have the bad valves. i aint sure how its supposed to sound or if it sounds right. but i will check it all out later.

remington88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well so far so good. bad exhaust leak at the headers and i made a drain tube out of metal pipe i gotta put on. not sure how long pvc would last without melting. seems more responsive. not a huge improvment but i think once i get the exhaust leaks fixed it will be better. but no fluid leaks or overheating issues. put about 100 miles on it so far. i guess i can turn a wrench pretty good. i was worried i might mess something up doing the heads.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin