Suh-WEET!

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Just got it today and it will be installed this weekend! ;Sweet I've been using the stock Chevy radiator and it works ok with no load, but once the trailer is on and I hit a hill it's boil-over city. So I put a call in to Jerry at Rodney Red and he built this custom unit, 6" wider and no built in oil or trans coolers. All engine cooling. I'll still be a little smaller than the Ford unit, but Jerry says it will do the job.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    378.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    291.1 KB · Views: 21

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
It's all nice and polished, so I'll have to polish the shroud I make for it too. And that will go well with the chromed valve covers I'm having done. After all, what's a Chevy without chrome valve covers?:rotflmao

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Welcome to the cool group....:slyThat looks like you had them polish the tanks its so shiny. You bet it will cool down your motor. Most of the time I see 185 on my Isspro gauge. I hope you install a coolant filter because you will never easily open up these radiators. The welds are way too nice to cut open anyway......:sly

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
I didn't ask him for the polish, but I'll take it. :D It's almost a shame that it won't be very visible. But I'll know it's there!

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Congratulations on the new arrival LOL You are going to love that thing. Mine cools so good it's not even funny. THat guy make some serious radiators ;Sweet

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's always great to see somebody actually do great work and take pride in it know what I mean. That is a beautiful piece of machinery, I don't even want to ask what it cost.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Surprisingly, they don't cost much more than a factory rad from the dealer.

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
It's always great to see somebody actually do great work and take pride in it know what I mean. That is a beautiful piece of machinery, I don't even want to ask what it cost.

It was $610 shipped (with the billet cap). Had to do a few side jobs to get the OK to order it. After all the work I've done to get the engine in there, it would be a shame not to be able to work it properly!:D

The best part is Jerry said that if it doesn't work I can send it back and we'll start over with a new design. Can't beat that for customer service.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Geeppers... Another happy customer...:thumbsup:;Sweet Mr BillyWilliams of the infamous Diesel Care should take notice what customer care is all about and follow suite.. Noe... Just not gonna happen but how does a business with known crappy custmer care stay in busines. He has some really great prices but when something goes bad and it usually does they blame you and wont do anything about it... Just ask around or read all about it in the Hall of Shame.... seems I got just a litte off track here... Jerry at Rodney Red has a handle on the customer and what keeps a business in business... Its the customer getting what they want and passing the good feeling on to others... A business without customers is not a business....:sly

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Just thought I'd throw some numbers out. Don't know why the Chevy unit wasn't up to *****....cookoo

Stock Ford brass radiator core size with built in trans cooler:
30.5X24=732"sq
4 row X73

Stock Chevy brass radiator for 454 gasser with built in trans cooler:
18X28=504"sq
4 row X32

Rodney Red custom aluminum radiator with no built in trans cooler:
18X36=648"sq
2 row X48

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Just thought I'd throw some numbers out. Don't know why the Chevy unit wasn't up to *****....cookoo

Stock Ford brass radiator core size with built in trans cooler:
30.5X24=732"sq
4 row X73

Stock Chevy brass radiator for 454 gasser with built in trans cooler:
18X28=504"sq
4 row X32

Rodney Red custom aluminum radiator with no built in trans cooler:
18X36=648"sq
2 row X48

If you really want to blow your mind. break out the micrometer and measure the tubes and the amount of water to metal surface contact area. The amount of the Rodney Red rad will really stand out ;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online