Stuck Glowplug and stuck Injector.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The 12 gauge shotgun bore cleaner works very well for this. You can apply some grease way down in the hole that the top goes thru and just scrape out everything to can with any thing like even a screwdriver to chip the carbon off the hole walls. The grease will keep it from dropping into the precup. Then into the cylinder. Remember there is only around 42 thousands clearance between the pisyon and the head at tdc of the stroke. Any grease you can't or don'r get out will burn off easily. It will not harm the injecter but the seat must be clean and not damaged. When a injecter bore gets carboned up it usually from a bad gasket allowing combustion to escape past the copper gasket. Sometimes this hot gas will cut the seat. To determine if the seat is damaged drag a dental pick slowly around the seat in the head. If it sticks or stops then thats a hole in the seat and must be repaired with the seat reamer. Many members have them and might lone you one. Just ask... It wont hurt to ask.

onebadiditurbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That makes perfect sense. I was trying to figure out what causes that ti happen. Makes sense combustion is seeping in there caysing the carbon buildup. I was beginning to think i just had real shatty luck. Thanks again for your words of wisdom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online