Straight Piped Or.....

• Total voters

1995voyagerES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the dynomaxx setup on my F350.
I bought it so from the preowner.

https://youtu.be/_B4SmI6y3Hk

I have to do something with my Powerstroke...it still hast the original !!! muffler on it :rolleyes: Sounds not to bad but way to quite!

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes sir, i am a hater, mostly because the people around here abuse them, and took em to the extreme ****** level.
theres a chevy 1500 gasser than has them...pure stupidity.

so in my book, they get categorized with those FWD honda civics with huge rear spoilers.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes sir, i am a hater, mostly because the people around here abuse them, and took em to the extreme ****** level.

so in my book, they get categorized with those FWD honda civics with huge rear spoilers.
The proper term is "diesel-ricer" :puke: :puke: :puke:

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jsut drove my truck around with 4" turbo stright pipe dumping to the side right behind the crewcab. I am ordering a muffler right now. Has that ugly "dugadugadugaduga" sound jsut LOUDER than the 2.5" n/A setup I had before.
But I do LOVE the BRRRRRR sound it makes downshifting and above 2400 rpm. sounds lke a 6.0 getting on it.

3Kp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of silver line mufflers are they any good?

3Kp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found one here locally that a guy is selling (used) $100.00 o.b.o only catch is that's a 4" I have 3.5" so will have to get a reducing fitting and rework the exhaust some. I just not crazy about how the truck sounds with a straight pipe with out a turbo. Sounds like a hopped up 460 (raspy/crackle) when I get on it. Wanting more of a rumble/grunt noise. just trying to find a way closer to it with out having a turbo.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know you feel, before I had a turbo my truck was really loud. Just ask anyone that was at the 2012 rally, most people in the dyno room had earmuffs on.

Hans13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NA 88 is straight piped to a 3.5 inch stack. Loud as hell expecially with it farther up in the RPMs. Factory Turbo 94 is also straight piped factory exhaust but the turbo quiets it down a lot. Both sound good to me but I prefer the turbo.

Hans13

Full Access Member
Reaction score

For the most part, I agree with you. I hate the sight of those trucks that someone spent 10K just to make it useless. Bought my 88 for $1900 and it needed a new exhaust, bed, and front bumper. Might as well make all three :D. I had a roller from a round baler that was lying around and a stack seemed like the easiest option so that's what I did. Nothing on my pickup is on any sort of "extreme ****** level" I can assure you :rotflmao In fact, I'm trying my best to get the previous owner's gay window tint off here pretty soon...

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
to each their own.
if you like the rainbow tint, roll with it...
its not my truck :D